Monday

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/19/16 4:25 pm

I am still here- reading - I don't feel like i have anything interesting to post....

I wish I could retire...maybe one day...

MY IBS is acting up last few days... but i am  really tired of chicken... great idea about the fish. I would need to cook more because my cats love when I cook fish and one of them is so spoiled - and very assertive to get what he wants...-that he does not take no for an answer...   The other would just sit quietly and stare at me..   not sure what is worse. 

I started sprouting my raw seeds and beside cooked chicken - roasted or sprouted nuts (some , not all) do not bother me - and sometimes - even settle nausea.  

sunflower seeds are now my "crack" . 

I need to exercise more...Started walking... 45 min at a time.. wonder how long my stamina would last... With my adrenal insufficiency - exercise requires a lot of planning... and taking extra cortisol.. and.. and.. ugh.. 

I do love my pressure cooker - Instant Pot - yesterday I cooked 3 dishes... enough for 8- 10 servings each.  First time I made stuffed peppers. My guy had his stuffed with meat, rice and cheese, mine - I chopped some celery and carrots in small squares and mixed that with my meat.  Very tasty.. Definitely something I will be making more of...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lightswitch
on 9/19/16 7:23 pm

Hala,

I love canning and lately have been really getting into fermenting. I read an article about damages to our digestive system as a result of all the preservatives in our food and since my husband has crohns disease, I look at all options for improving his digestive health.  Anyway, I have a crock of kimchi fermenting now and I am going to start another crock of kraut.....

I can a lot of vegetable soup and different dried beans and peas.....then I merely open them and heat and serve. All day today, I've cooked and canned apple butter, apple sauce, and green tomato relish.....I just finished cleaning the kitchen so I can get up and get the rest of the apples canned.   I will probably end up with 20 quarts of canned apples on top of all the apple butter and apple sauce. I've got two quarts of juice that I guess I'll make jelly for the kids.  

Now that I'm retired, I absolutely look for work....isn't that crazy.  I cannot wait until we close on our little house and can get in there and build on and get my craft room established so I can sew, quilt, crotchet, and weave without moving crap around. 

Looks like DH has picked out another WWII movie....lovely. I can hardly wait. 

Sunflower seeds are so easy to get addicted too....I love to play with my food so anything that requires cracking, picking, or pulling is right up my alley. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/20/16 9:53 am

love love kimchi and i grew up eating cabbage and sauerkraut.. but post op RNY - I developed or it got worse - IBS - and any cabbage - fermented or no, raw , cooked or anything in between .. with digestive enzyme added.. etc etc... (in 6 years I tried it all) - causes so much cramps and pain that I gave up.. one serving of cabbage can aggravate my IBS for a few days or even a week.. 

I discovered Kombucha drink - and so far so good. My gut loves it...and for now - it works great. 

I am "canning " my soups, sauces, etc.. or freeze them. Simple  "canning" that will hold the food "fresh" for 2-3 week is to pour hot soup/ stew/sauce in a very clean jar almost to the rim - then turn it upside down... that will "seal" the things inside... The very clean jar and piping hot liquid is the key....

good luck with the DH..I know Crohn's is not a joke... 

I used to love knitting and crochet... one day..maybe..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 398 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1200 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1208 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1146 views