Monday

lightswitch
on 9/19/16 6:47 am

I am beginning to love my retirement Mondays as much as I dreaded the "work" force Monday and surprisingly, for the exact same reason.  When I worked, I hated Mondays because I had to hit the floor running to catch up and shake off all the confusing and chaos of the weekend but retirement Mondays I'm still shaking off the chaos of the weekend and the hitting the floor running is an entirely different feeling....relaxing and calming...I can meditate whenever I want. LOL

B: I haven't eaten breakfast.  I got up and made DH's breakfast and just didn't feel like eating so I didn't....I'll probably eat a little cottage cheese here in a bit.

L: I canned soup over the weekend, so I'll probably eat a little of the overflow (not quiet enough for a quart so it's in the refrigerator waiting to be cooked.)

D: Trout. Grandson went fly fishing and came home with a ton of fresh trout.  I thought after freezing all the trout from a couple of weekends back, I wouldn't want to mess with anymore, but he had some beautiful rainbows and so I brought a mess back and tonight I am making grilled trout, asparagus, grilled potatoes, and tomato and cucumber salad. 

Snacks: I've got peaches and apples that I will snack on for today...hopefully, I'll get them all canned.   

Ladies, have a great day.

Ready2goNOW
on 9/19/16 8:07 am

Good morning Jeannie!

I also loved retirement & despite any chaos my time was my own. If I needed to chill, cry, freak out or pray I could do it w out having to answer to anyone or worry about being professional. Even now I am so much more relaxed working PT. I love it!

I binged last nite after almost a week of pretty much following my plan. Ate a whole snack bag of combos cheese filled pretzels...ugh! Don't know what ailed me!

Anyhow, gotta start over today...

I am going to Sam's shortly to check out some foods I saw on keto site so my lunch & dinner are undecided. Had my protein shake & sausage for breakfast.

Well, better get ready to head back out.

Everyone have a good day!

Kathy

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/19/16 3:46 pm

when I was in my losing state - I used to have "cheat meal" when I allowed myself to eat anything and everything I wanted.  even if that was M&M or bread..or cheesecake (the last one - I got so sick - dumped so badly - I lost 5 lbs in less than 12 hours - I don;t recommend that)  and I still lost 100 lbs in less than 10 months.  

even now - i have "anything goes " meal or a day...some things may make me very ill- so I may have a bite or 2; but I can eat a lot of carbs in a whole day..(my re-carb day) . 

maybe your body needed recarbing? and it in a way forced you to do that? .. 

BTW: I could not have cheese filled or PB filled pretzels in a house or at work and not eat them...  I don't buy them.. I am glad my guy does not ask for them... and no kids - so I have no excuse to buy any of those...

Good luck...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lightswitch
on 9/19/16 7:40 pm

Kathy,

Don't beat yourself up over binging. Think of the week of following the plan and only one night of binging.  

Retirement is nice and I am keeping busy.  I think once we get moved into the house and start working on it, I will be happy that I am retired. LOL....really, life is good.  

seasheleyes
on 9/19/16 11:23 am - Manteca, CA

I'm here too. Getting ready for my crafting weekend in Tahoe. I have to go through everything to choose what I absolutely want to drag up there. I am getting excited now. I leave on Thursday and come home on Sunday. No internet.

Time to get back to work.

Breakfast- protein drink

Lunch- tuna on lettuce

Dinner- Noodles with Parmesan cheese

Snacks- watermelon and nuts

lightswitch
on 9/19/16 7:32 pm

I would totally dig a weekend in Tahoe doing crafts. Enjoy the wonderful weekend with fellow crafters and maybe next year, I'll join you. 

yvonnef1964
on 9/19/16 12:02 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I got woke up again by the maintaince man at 8:15 am. You think they could wait till 9 am to start banging.

At least my knee feels better today.

I made some peanut butter cookies with splenda and without flour. They taste pretty good except they are crumbly.

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese

L cottage cheese and turkey deli meat

A few cookies

D pork loin, peas, 1/2 sweet potato

S greek yogurt, turkey sausage snack sticks, and apple

Have a good day

lightswitch
on 9/19/16 7:29 pm

Yvonne,

Have you ever made the peanut butter protein powder balls?  I use to make them with cashew butter and they were delicious and have even baked them.  

I agree with you about the rudeness of a maintenance man at 8:15....totally wrong. 

mermaidoz
on 9/19/16 2:40 pm - Canada

Hi All:

Seriously Warm day here, think going to be next to last before temps take serious Fall dive. Was hot, doing errands at Mall after mammograms at cancer clinic, passed in front of ice cream store, decided on 2 ball cone (strawberry and chocolate).

Why will I not learn? In the immediatenfew years after RnY, could eat ice cream no problemo. Last couple of years, I feel sickish when I do, is as though RnY side effects re sugar are catching up...so why do I do this to myself?

Earlier in the summer, craved a DQ soft serve chocolate dip, so ordered a Medium when should have gone with Small! Felt so sick afterwards...Today 2 balls at Laura Secord, comes with choc truffle on top....should have gone with one and would have been only half as sick...I AM AN IDIOT.

Summer will soon be gone and colder weather here. No more ice cream!

j

lightswitch
on 9/19/16 7:27 pm

I am so thankful that I am so lactose intolerant and have been my entire life. While I can eat a little cheese here and there and about a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, anything else causes me hours of pain, nausea, and vomitting.  But, if I weren't so intolerant, I would be a total addict. I remember when I was in elementary school, my teacher made me drink a bottle of milk, and I kept telling her I was allergic and she said, no, you don't like it and I said, no, I'm allergic and she made me drink it and the ***** stood there while I drank it....all I could think about was the cramping and diarrhea I was going to get afterwards and then, all of a sudden, I felt the nausea and I tried to get up to run to the bathroom, she made me sit back down, and yep, I threw up all that milk and my lunch all over her pointed red shoes.....totally thought she was going to slap me.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views