Thursday

lightswitch
on 9/22/16 12:15 pm

My day is going great. I am peeling potatoes and getting ready to can them so I can open a jar of potatoes and make soup in a moments notice.  I may decide against ever canning potatoes again but maybe it will be good. 

I made my daughter a beautiful poncho. She and my son in law live on our little farm. They raise cows and pigs and other animals for food and for selling. They also cut hay for other farmers and they bail it...they work hard. Even in the cold winter, they go out and feed their cattle and also they feed the cattle on one of the largest ranches in AR so they work hard.  She often throws on an old jacket but I know it is bulky and hard for her to work in so she is often taking it off and then she gets chilled. I made a really nice poncho for one of her sons so he could wear it while deer hunting...it's real manly and she loved it and she wears it when he isn't using it at the deer stand. So, I made her one. I used heavy denim and lined it with a light fleece. I thought it was going to be too heavy but it isn't heavy at all.  I decided to put a hood on it too so after I made it, I had to go back and take the neck part out and play with a design until I got the perfect hoodie and it's perfect. I hope I remember how I did it so I can make me one. LOL.   Now all my sewing is done and I can put the sewing machine up until we get moved and get my craft room set up. Yeah.

Today, I am canning those potatoes and fighting with my cat. I swear, two of my *****es sleep all day and never bother me but one complains all day long. She meows and nips at me and I know she isn't hungry, her litter box is clean, and she has water. I think she just wants me to hold her all day and I am not doing it.  She finally fell asleep so when I got up, I was so quiet because I didn't want to wake her up...that's messed up to be so controlled by my animals but I do love her and wouldn't trade her in for three that make no sounds. 

B: 1 fried in pam egg

L: Cottage cheese and fruit

D: Shrimp and some vegetable...I know not yet

Snacks: cucumbers and celery

yvonnef1964
on 9/22/16 2:42 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Jeannie,

You are so busy all the time. I helped my mom canned tomatoes but that was many years ago. 

I woke up in a better mood toda, and appley. I got my walk in and did some housework. I even pulled out the stove and refridgerator to clean behind there. The pest control is coming tomorrow to spray.

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese.

L cottage cheese and turkey deli meat

D chicken and butternut squash

S greek yogurt, turkey sausage snack sticks and apple

Have a good evening

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/22/16 4:37 pm

picture of the poncho? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/22/16 4:39 pm

you cats sounds like my "14 lbs baby" cat.. he is 2 years old but behaves like a spoiled brat.. ..

Maybe she needed you to sit and relax and just be? you know you are retired? right?

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views