Monday

lightswitch
on 10/3/16 6:58 am

Ladies,

I hope your weekend was as restful as you needed.  I am very happy to report that the new medication the surgeon gave me has brought the swelling in my right knee down considerably.  

Today I will be polishing up the article that I wrote for one the WLS surgeons in my area.  Once it is polished and makes sense with all the other information (the medical aspect) removed, I will start posting the information so that you guys can read and hopefully learn from.

B: 1/2 cup scrambled egg

L: Beans and Potatoes

D: Vegetable soup

Ladies, make every minute count...

Ready2goNOW
on 10/3/16 8:53 am

Good morning Jeannie!

So glad the swelling has gone down. Hopefully that means less pain.

I have also been looking forward to the article on WLS...

I have been busy this morning. Worked from 8am -10am where I am in motion the entire time. May be why I haven't gained despite eating so poorly.

Then I had a job interview for a one day a week elder care case. I am quite satisfied with the one I have thru the agency I work for, but there haven't been any new long term assignments available. So I responded to this ad. Will see how it goes...

After the interview ran several errands. Just got home. I have to take Jazz to the orthodontist at 230 so im going to eat & relax until then.

I am still not doing well with adhering to a good meal plan. It's been a battle every nite. But I do have a plan....I just stray from it.

B - 2 bacon bite muffins (Eggface recipe)

S - 1/2 cup fresh raspberries w/fat free cool whip

L - chicken drumsticks & applesauce

D - more chicken

Kathy

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/3/16 7:08 pm

Kathy, 

I hope you don't mind me saying that but looking at your menu - I probably would stray from it also...

I am not sure how you make the muffins, but the menu looks like does not have enough fat.  Raspberries with fat free cool whip - is simple carbs, so itsi applesauce... taht woudl trigger cravings for me for more of that later.. in evening. 

They told me to do fat free and it was a battle every day to stay on plan...

Once I modified my menu and did more fat - less carbs - my cravings become more manageable.

Have you try to add avocado to the the meals? 1/2 of avocado per day. ? The fat in avocado, on nuts . can limit how hungry you may get by the end of the day...

Fruits are great.. and I eat them now...but I pair them with some fat...or fat and proteins...

My latest favorite is ..raw baby carrots and celery with natural, NSA (No Sugar Added) peanut butter...

I also use nuts - soak or sprout the nuts and seeds (almonds, walnuts, sunflower.) and use that as a snack.

I no longer need to lose weight...but when I was losing - I limited fruits to 1-2 servings a week... I ate  more low starch veggies cucumbers, NSA pickles,  olives, some tomato (it is a fruit) and cooked low starch veggies like  (cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, mushrooms, .etc) But even with veggies - I made sure I added some fat and proteins..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lightswitch
on 10/4/16 10:46 am

Halab,

Very good observation. I agree whole heartedly. I, too, limit the fruit that I eat because of the fructose.  I also am a firm believer in eating avocados instead of other fats because it is so pure.  Nuts are the best source of protein and fiber ever. But, I am very fond of celery and carrots as well as cucumbers and peppers.  I have never made my own sprouts but I really think I will start.  The other day, I cut into a tomato and it was full of sprouting seeds.  Because I cannot throw away anything that is about to grow, I removed the sprouts and now they are growing in my window and I guess I will plant them when they establish roots....I doubt the tomato plants will do well because winter is coming but it has turned into a fun little thing to do.  

I have really leaped hook line and sinker into fermented foods because of the repair they do to our messed up digestive system. So pickles, kraut, and kimchi will soon become a daily option for me. 

lightswitch
on 10/4/16 10:40 am

Kathy,

From your meal plan, it looks like you are eating smart. The only thing that seems a little off is the cool whip but it is fat free so I think you are being very careful and eating good. I would add some vegetables because your body still needs some good carbs to create energy and help with digestion. My nutritionist always reminds me to make my food work for me and that means eating foods that require energy to use such as celery, green beans, etc.  She is the reason I eat walnuts every other day. LOL. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1140 views