Monday

lightswitch
on 10/10/16 6:54 am

Hang on...going for coffee.  BRB

lightswitch
on 10/10/16 7:01 am

I hope everyone's weekend was restful. The oaks and cedars are driving me crazy. Fall and spring really mess with me: Spring it's the pollen and fall it's the mold.  The oak leaves are falling and they have this mold that becomes airborne and even when I stay inside, the damn stuff gets on DH's clothes and comes through the ventilations system.  I spent both Saturday and Sunday with swollen and itchy eyes to the point I finally took the really strong allergy medicine and slept for those two days. 

I have decided to spend today reading and maybe doing a little writing. 

B: loaded oatmeal--1/2 cup

L: Oyster Stew.  

D:Tuna Salad

Snacks: stick cheese

Ladies, talk away.

Patricia R.
on 10/10/16 7:39 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Jeannie and OFF,

I had a busy weekend.  Took Mom to Lincoln's flag football game yesterday.  It was cold, but she stayed warm.  

Today, I'm cleaning my bedroom, and then going over to watch the kids while Colleen does PTO work at the kids' school.

Must scoot.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/10/16 10:41 am, edited 10/10/16 3:42 am

I am trying to recover from a complete meltdown on Sunday evening. Watching the debate brought up so many stuffed up emotions to life. 

I had been sexually assulted in my late 20's. (date rape)... Plus I felt with too many unwelcomed sexual advances from makel as a sales engineer.  And my ex husband felt I was his property And he could grab any part of me as he wished. ..ugh.. I hate that emotional Crap. 

I thought I dealt 9with all of that emotional stuff.... I guess I did not.  Wine and watching that ***** brought emotional outburst from me. My BF took care of me...poor Keith. I was a mess... Still am. I really hate Trump. What he represents. 

I don't care for Hillary either. I just hate Trump and his justification of a "locker talk" Crap... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

seasheleyes
on 10/10/16 1:38 pm - Manteca, CA

I'm sorry you had to go through that. sending you a hug.

Julia

Nancy B
on 10/14/16 2:53 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

I am so sorry to read this, dear lady...*sending much love and healing energy & prayers*...there is no excuse for that creature's behavior (a NON-political opinion)..it is a symptom of a road to social decay and women have been always afraid to speak out because of that kind of behavior. I, too, underwent sexual harassment at my first full time job..I was 19 and totally humiliated by the actions of several high level men who thought that their power and high ranking in the business gave them the right to dare to touch me and to taunt me. In those days, women dared not to speak out...now we are stronger, more educated and more powerful. never again will I endure sexual harassment without making them accountable for their behavior. I now have two beautiful step grand daughters (11 and 1) and I will be very much NOT "a lady" if anyone disrespects them, let alone touches them.

Sometimes we have to make a choice of the "lesser of two evils"...how anyone can support a man who is so disrespectful of women (among other things)..., I do not know...sorry, I did not mean to get into politics but  "how people treat girls/women" is NOT politics..it is a social issue.  *hugs*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/16 7:52 am

I am so sorry you had to deal with all that.  Save your sanity and turn off the tv.

seasheleyes
on 10/10/16 10:53 am - Manteca, CA

Hi Jeannie and Trish,

I like the reading idea vs the running around...I have a free day so I will be doing a bit of both! My friend Linda is going downhill very quickly. Tomorrow is my day with her. I need to talk too with her about getting the DNR signed and Power of Attorney. Also need to ask her how she feels about Hospice. There is a Hospice House that is very nice and they would help her with everything she needs. Her body is almost paralyzed now but her swallowing and speech are still there. Speech is quite slow and breathing is not terrific either. Last week the social worker came and she said unless there are lags in the process she might have six months. She doesn't even have a power wheelchair yet because diagnosis took so long and her disease has been very aggressive. Medicare is woefully slow. Also the Right to Die has passed in CA but it takes six months to get approved. She would have to be able to take the pills herself and she won't be able to in six months. Anyway...this is my life right now. I was crying because I'm watching this happen and it is the saddest thing to see. A bright woman, teacher, with a body that has to be lifted and washed, speech and eating about to go, with nothing to do but wait. 

My food today.

Breakfast- slept late

Lunch- Thai food...chicken, a bit of rice, and salad

Dinner- roast with potatoes, carrots and celery

Snack- seeds and nuts, celery with peanut butter

Be grateful for your health. It may not be perfect, but we are all functional!

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/12/16 6:41 am

Sorry to hear about your friend. Hugs. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

yvonnef1964
on 10/10/16 11:46 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi ladies,

I had a terrible eating this weekend to the point of making myself sick. Today is a new day.

Sorry Jeannie you were feeling so poorly. Hope it gets better soon.

Julia, you are a good friend. Sorry your friend is declining fast. You are right that we are able to move and should be grateful.

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese

L cottage cheese, baby carrots, and yellow pepper

D hamburger and acorn squash

S greek yogurt, apple and mr cheese o's cheddar flavor

Have a good day

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy