Hello from Houston

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/16 8:33 am

Good morning everyone

I am home.  Drove in Saturday evening.  I am still unpacking.  I had months of mail to go through when I got home.  Saturday I sorted it in piles, Sunday I started shredding the junk, and that is as far as I got. Monday I did laundry and  yesterday I had a doctor's appointment.  My routine blood work was good.  Now I am waiting for the Vitamin D and B12 levels and the ferritin levels.  If the ferritin is ok I won't need an iron infusion this time.  Got home around 5PM and started unloading the second suitcase.  Today I need to finish unpacking then hit the mail.  Once that is filed my house may look like someone lives here and not like it was deserted after a tornado.

It is still in the upper 80's and 90's here and it is almost November!!!!  What gives.  We do get a cool front on Friday that might last thru the weekend.  I am dying here.

I am 15 pounds down from last year according to my doctor's scales and that jives with mine.  The goal is to get down to below 200 by next year's appointment.

My personal goals are the same as always: make good food choices and walk.  I am upping my daily steps from 6,000 to 7,500 minimum and 10,000 on a walking day.  The walking days may be few and far between as long as the temps are as high as they are. 

Hope everyone is having a successful day.

yvonnef1964
on 10/19/16 5:16 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Linda,

Glad you made it home ok.

It was 48 this morning and got up to 68 this afternoon. It looks like ill be able to walk for 2 more weeks.

I had lunch with my dad and stepmother today. My stepmother said my dads copd is getting worse. Guess i better start going to see him more than i do.

I keep craving candy but ive been good about buying any.. Hopefully it will go away soon.

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/16 7:46 am

Hi Yvonne,

I envy you your temps.  We had a cold front come through on Friday and got all the way down to 75....whoopee.  Went to the Kemah boardwalk yesterday trying to walk around before we get back into the 80's or 90's.  I am dying here.

My mother had COPD which is just another name for infezema.

I know I spelled that wrong but brain is not working at the moment.  The killer is she never smoked.  My dad smoked the occasional pipe and in his younger day the occasional cigar but we were exposed to second hand smoke rarely if ever.

Hope your dad will be ok for a long time to come.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 393 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1206 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1139 views