Tuesday...new week

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/25/16 3:38 am

Where is everyone?  

My life is busy and little bit hectic.  It is less than 4 weeks u top my face lift. 

Since I am low on my body fat %- I am trying to introduce some carbs to gain weight.  Crazy, no? But I know that before and after the surgery I may have low appetite and I need some reserves. 

My friend and I walk in the morning 3 x a week.  50 min...app 3 miles. At 7 am it is relatively cold ...she is shorter than I am and less fit so I rarely break a sweat when we walk. I need to start wearing warmer clothes. Ugh. 

Today I plan to go to yoga...I wanted to go last night...but Since I had a lot of work to do at home - I did not. Except I did not do a thing I wanted to do. On a way home I got a headache..so a pill and ..2 glasses of wine later - I just went to bed earlier...

The headache was probably due to my gut... Once in a while I take an extra dose of Miralax to make sure I don't get backed up.  When My system try to clear things out - I get a hedache. That indicates I had more waste in my gut that I thought. Even with daily BM I can get constipated - it then takes 2-3 days to get clean.  

Food wise - I introduced some fruits and more squash. I used to hate to deal with winter squash (so hard) but since I discovered I can just toss it whole into my Pressure cooker and have it "well done" in 10 min - we have been eating more winter squash. 

So... What is everyone up to? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/16 7:04 am

Good morning

I am headed to the dentist in a few minutes.  I think that will take care of physicals until next year.  Well, 6 months for the dentist.  I will be picking up my lab results this morning.  I get my labs from everyone except my primary doctor online.  I get a call from my primary but I always like to have a hard copy.

The only thing on my plate health wise is my darn thumbs.  Arthritis of course.  My doctor has told me to get surgery and I was not expecting that recommendation.  I have an appointment for a second opinion.

Will have to wait and see.

Hope all is well with all of you.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/25/16 8:36 am

hugs... surgery? ugh.. have you thought about acupuncture? Insurance doesn't pay for that but I get one almost once a month for my back issues. My partner - after seeing some results i had - he started going to her also....

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lightswitch
on 10/25/16 7:53 am

Hey All,

I'm sorry I've been missing in action.  I've been in and out of the hospital for the last week because of my low blood and low iron. They finally found an iron infusion that seems to stay in my system...imagine that. So, they gave me a big boost Sunday, kept me in the hospital most of yesterday, and today I can get my next dose outpatient...I have six more doses to go.  

As you all know, I've been preparing for surgery and the hematologists was working to get my iron level up.  It had dropped to 3, which was dangerously low and nothing worked.  The first few times of giving me the iron infusions, my immune system, which is so damn good, went on attack and I had a major reaction and for some reason the iron only raised my level one percentage and then it dropped again...then my heart began palpating and I began passing out and my bones were hurting so much that I couldn't even be touched...it was nuts.  They rushed me from the oncology clinic (where the hematologists works) to the nearest hospital and I spent the next several days in intensive care.  Now they have an iron infusion that works and that won't cause a reaction but I've had to move my surgery date to the middle of November. By then, they think I will have enough iron to make the adequate amount of RBCs....geeze!  

We closed on our house before all the medical crap, and the contractors have gutted it and Kenny says the original little house has some good qualities, so we are leaving it but putting new floors and walls but we are adding about a thousand square feet to the front and west side...I refuse to live in a small space ever again. By the time I get to go down and take a look, the added space will have floors and walls and maybe cabinets in the new kitchen.  I've picked all the appliances out and the cabinets.  I am still hoping that I get to tile the back drop around the kitchen but who knows. If not me, my friend will do it. 

B: An egg

L: Shrimp with spinach 

D: Fish with brocolli

Snacks: cheese

Yes, I am bulking up on the protein. LOL...

I hope you guys are all doing well.  

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/25/16 8:33 am

I was worried about you... and rightfully so... ugh.. 

I used to get iron infusions.. I had 3 series so far... one in 2010, then 2011, then 2013... now - so far so good. I think my iron and ferritin stayed OK since i really restricted the foods I was allergic to and started healing my gut. 

My body does not tolerate any oral iron (horrible cramps - pain) and even if I managed to take them - my numbers showed I did not absorb any... 

Lately I found the patchMD - and since I have been on the patch (over one year) my numbers are holding. I think I absorb the iron through the skin.  It is not cheap - but I hated the iron infusions and they are not cheap either.  Not sure if you can use the patches -http://www.patchmd.com/ 

http://www.patchmd.com/Iron-Plus-Topical-Patch.html  if you decide to try it - if you use discount code: "obesityhelp"  for 30% off...  Some people used "USA" for 40% off... 

Glad you are on a mend. HUGS...

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/16 7:49 am

Hi Jeannie

So glad you found a infusion that works.  Sounds like the same type I had.  I had a series of 8 over a two week period.  My levels were not quite as low as yours, I was a whopping 7.  I forget the norm but as you know it is somewhere in triple digits.  This was about 8 years ago.  After the first one I felt like I could fly if I had to.  A huge difference.  The last 7 infusions did not increase that feeling just kept it there.  I was good for years but gradually got lower until last year I had to have one infusion not a series.  This year I am good.  Just got all my labs back and everything is fine.  Hope they work for you in the long term as they seem to have done for me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 393 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1206 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1139 views