Wed.

lightswitch
on 10/26/16 6:55 am

I cannot believe how good it is to be home. LOL.   

I have five more infusions left and they are scheduled for every other day. Tomorrow, I have my knee camp visit.  Knee camp is part of the preop process. And right after knee camp, another infusion. I am already feeling much better. 

Since yesterday and tomorrow will be so busy, today I am doing very little. we are going to do early voting since I won't be able to stand in line.  DH has taken this week off since I have so much going on and he is asleep on the recliner. I think we are going down to the old house to meet the cement guy...not sure.  

Well, gotta hobble. 

B: loaded oatmeal

L: shrimp beans and cornbread

D: salmon

I cannot believe how low my iron got and how much pain it caused and how tired I was....damn. 

sp1209
on 10/26/16 7:06 am - AL

After you get the iron up to a safe level you may want to try Proferrin. It is an oral heme iron. When mine was low I took 2 a day for 3 months and rechecked and it had brought it up very good. Ever since I have taken 1 a day and it's never gone low again. Just an idea if you've never tried it.

Susan

lightswitch
on 10/26/16 11:35 am

I'm not sure why I don't absorb the oral iron. Some of the oral iron pills that I've taken have caused me to react, so I had to quit taking them. I have tried every iron pill available. LOL...Today, I feel so much better than I did last week before we started the infusions. Yesterday, the doctor came to the infusion room and said, I'm certain your body doesn't know what to do with all that iron.  Well, today I can tell her that it must be doing something with it because I am not nearly as tired...

Once we get this iron up, I am going to make sure the doctor checks it every damn month and never let it drop to 1....1...that's so wrong. 

yvonnef1964
on 10/26/16 7:12 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Jeannie,

I was worried about you. Im glad you're on the mend.

I need some help, I do okay all day with my menu but at night I lose it with the eating the wrong things. Guess the problem is why do I keep buying things that I know aren't good for me and there is no one else here to eat it. I keep jeopardizing my weightloss. Im going to talk with my doctor in December about it but I thought I throw it out there to you.

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and sharp cheddar cheese bites 

L chicken salad,  baby carrots and yellow pepper 

D steak and cream corn 

S Greek yogurt,  apple and turkey sausage snack sticks 

Have a good day

lightswitch
on 10/26/16 11:37 am

Yvonne,

I'm like you.  If it's in the house, I'll eat it. I try my best to keep veggies and fruit ready to grab.  I cannot leave chips and crackers along so I don't buy them often.  One of my favorite is ice cold celery....

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/26/16 2:32 pm

I also get hungry at evenings. so I adjusted when I eat my food. And what i eat. 

I don't live alone - but we don't keep at home stuff I can't resist, like fresh bread.  

Honey is OK with that.  I keep food I can snack on - like nuts, pork rinds, avocado and some fruits..

eating enough for the day prevents me from eating the wrong foods. Eating enough fat prevents me from eating the wrong foods. Taking my vitamins and minerals - prevents cravings... i.e. chocolate cravings = may be due to magnesium deficiencies. 

i research and tested my blood (Blood sugar meter) to see how my body responds to some fruits - i.e. berries and grapefruits - do not affect my BS very much so they are "safe" for me to have and eat. 86% chocolate - same thing. 

as snack - I often use PB - I decided to go for the best - and I give myself a permission to eat Almond butter or PB as long as it is organic (or at least natural) no sugar added and no chemicals.. sea salt and maybe some peanut oil for roasting.. 

I eat nuts and seeds (roasted or sprouted/soaked - when raw). I often never finish the whole (large) serving... having "safe" snacks really works for me... 

since I often eat very late at night... i make a notice of the time my last meal was and I don't eat any calories food or drinks for at least 12 hours after that... that helps my gut to empty properly and heal (I have IBS)

All those steps really made a huge difference in my eating ...

i.e.I had coffee and tea this morning... then I had lunch (cooked chicken with some veggies), then this afternoon I had a grapefruit, and an hour later I had 1/2 avocado + 2 oz of soaked pecans... I am stuffed... dinner would be some meat and veggies... LNS: not sure - maybe some strawberries and some more nuts... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/26/16 2:33 pm

Glad to see you are on a mend. Like you - I can't take oral iron... the pain is just too much...

Keep us posted about the procedures ...and your new house..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 393 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1206 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1140 views