Friday

lightswitch
on 10/28/16 7:57 am

Yesterday, I spent the entire day at the hospital. For four hours, I was at the joint camp...when did they start this crap. You go in for half a day and spend all that tie doing the things that are normally done on the day of surgery.  Crap. 

I also had my third dose of iron. I must say, I am beginning to have more energy. I just cannot believe how badly I felt over the last year or so. It's really strange how feeling tired and worn out can be easy to deal with if it happens over a long period of time. 

We are leaving early tomorrow morning to go do some more work on our weekend fixer upper. LOL...

B: loaded oatmeal

L: egg sandwich

D: salmon

Snacks: cheese

Ladies, how the hell are you guys doing?

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/28/16 10:57 am

being sick - needing medical attention is  hard work...

When I had my first iron infusions - it made such a big difference. I was winded walking a flight of stairs before..and a month after the infusions - I was hiking in Colorado... Glad you see improvement...

I had a rough week.. mental issue lead to drinking too much wine...I do like my wine ..but2 glasses one day then the next day I need to finish the bottle.... etc....ugh.. Last night was a party... 

This morning my liver let me know it is not OK..(I do have sensitive liver -  genetic) and i know my surgery ois 3 weeks away and I do need a very healthy happy liver to survive the surgery, anesthesia, antibiotics, pain pills.. etc. 

Maybe that was the "after this week I can't have wine, even a glass for the rest of the year syndrome ? 

Last night - after the party- it was still early enough so I cooked bunch of pork loin last night and stuffed some peppers (meat sauce + wild rice + cheese) for today. Once I get home - 20 min in a pressure cooker will make the meal.. (5 min heating up - 10 min pressure 5-10 min NPR) I like my electric Instant Pot. I need to get a spare - second insert.  

weekend - we have massages, then we may try to get out or if we stay home -i have a bunch of housework - or I 'll bake my "cookies" (I don't use flour or sugar... but I use almond or coconut flour, or shredde coconuts). I plan to bake some pumpkin cookies and muffins... and my no flour "bread"...

I make a lot 5-8 dozens and freeze that.. I love cooking and baking - but I hate cleaning after... and cleaning after 2 dozens or 8 - same amount of work..no? 

hope you guys have a great weekend...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

yvonnef1964
on 10/28/16 2:02 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I was sick yesterday by supper time , i was feeling better.

Today i went and got a haircut.  I havent had any candy today so hopefully I'll detox from it. Try to stay strong and don't buy anymore.

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and garlic and herb jack cheese bites

L chicken salad, baby carrots and red pepper

D cheesy chicken chili and green beans

S Greek yogurt,  apple and turkey sausage snack sticks 

Have a good evening

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy