Monday Again

lightswitch
on 10/31/16 8:00 am

I love fall. It's not too cold nor too hot. Because I am so cold natured, I dress for cold, even during the summer and during the fall, my wearing of ponchos, long sleeve shirts, and even hoodies is okay.

Over the weekend, DH and grandkids and friends removed all the floor from our weekend fixer upper and we had the wiring inspected. Next weekend, they will spray for termites, replace the moldy wood where the sink had probably been leaking for years, treat the area as well with mold stuff, put new wood to support the subfloors and then the new hardwood will be put down...yeah!  I think we can move into the house once we get that part complete; however, we will only live there during the weekends until after I recover from the knee replacement. That puts us moving around Christmas.  By then, the new rooms will have floors and walls and we should be able to finish the inside at our leisure.  Behind the house there are a couple of barns and workshops that have been there for years, probably older than the house.  Yesterday, my granddaughter and I were looking around in one, and we found two old tools. One is a thing that is put over the fire place to melt lead to make bullets and the other is a metal thing that could have been used as a vegetable grater.  It's shaped very strange and is so small I wonder what in the hell the inventor was thinking.  When I grate veggies, I want a huge grater...anyway, my sister saw them and asked if I didn't want them could she have them and since her kitchen is outfitted with old but modern appliances and has a pioneer look, I suspect I'll get them cleaned up and give to her.

Okay, I am getting my strength back so the iron is getting put to good use, I think. But, I am still eating massive amounts of iron and protein rich foods. 

B: Spinach, egg, and walnut omelet.  The walnuts were an after thought that should have been left in thought...but I ate it. 

L: Beans, shrimp, and broccoli

D: Trout (rainbow), fresh from the garden turnip greens and turnips, baby spinach salad.  

Snack: Almond butter cookies made with splenda...they suck but they have both almond butter and oatmeal flour so they are really fortified with good stuff...but they suck.   I will eat three for the team. Yeah!!! 

Ladies, we are a work in progress and I, for one, need to realize that perfection is not the goal of all this work but our goal is understanding of ourselves and gaining health and accepting ourselves in this horribly body image obsessed world. 

So, tell me, what's up with you ladies and where the hell is everyone? 

yvonnef1964
on 10/31/16 3:04 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Jeannie,

Glad you are getting your house in order so you can move in. Plus everything is falling in place for your knee replacement. 

Im having a blah day today, freezing all day. I hope im not getting the flu my friend had on Friday and Saturday.  I havent had any sweets today but the day isnt over yet.and supposed to go to my friends house and go trick and treating with her grandkids. Hopefully I can stay strong. It was 37 this morning. But tomorrow is supposed to be 70. I wish the weather make up its mind.

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and garlic and herb jack cheese bites 

L tuna salad,  baby carrots and orange pepper.  Also had some popcorn.

D pork loin and green beans 

Im planning Greek yogurt,  apple and turkey sausage snack sticks for my snack.

Habe a good evening

lightswitch
on 11/2/16 10:40 am

Yvonne,

I hope you made the day without the sweets. I, too, am always freezing. My husband loves Greek yogurt and I do too but I can only eat a bite or two before the belly starts freakin' out. LOL...

When I was at my daughter's the other day, she had pork tenderloin in the refrigerator, so I went ahead and cooked it for her and her family for dinner.  She also had some turnips and turnip greens so I made those as well.  She said the pork was delicious...it sure did smell good. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/31/16 5:05 pm

Glad you are feeling better. yea for the house... 

I am doing Ok.  only 2.5 weeks til my face lift.  I need to eat as many protein as I can. and fruits. Bison, chicken...fish nuts...

I am walking 3 x a week and I plan to do yoga.. Gentle exercise..

it is still hot in SC. we had to turn the AC back on. I don't sleep well when it is so hot... but it was my honey who asked for the AC back on.. I think I ruined him...lol..I am almost always hot (except mornings - before my coffee and before my system starts working ) so hot or hotter.. what's the difference. right?  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lightswitch
on 11/2/16 10:46 am

Hala, 

I need a face lift in the worst way. 

Yoga is a wonderful way to gain strength and burn calories. I love it.  

It is hot in AR....DH still uses the air conditioner and I still pile on the sweaters. LOL....

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/16 5:54 am

Jeannie

I too have the issue with iron and of course everyone is different.  My hematologist gave me a series of infusions because I do not absorb iron and told be to stop the oral iron.  I guess basically because I was taking massive doses, it wasn't working and it definitely causes constipation.  Has you doctor recommend that you take both or does he know you are taking both? Just wondering.  I spent $$$ on iron for 6 months not knowing I didn't need to be taking it.

Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you but I am sure it will be well worth it when it is all done.

I am making the rounds of all my doctors.  So far everything is good.  Had my labs done....all ok.  So I've checked body, eyes, teeth, and now I have my mammogram next week and I have to schedule my bone density test (its been 5 years already).

I have decided to put off my knee replacement.  I started working with a personal trainer early last year and continued until I left for Wyoming and walked and walked and walked all over Yellowstone for 2 1/2 months then walked all over the Big Horns for a month.  Even now that I am back in this horrid humidity along the Gulf coast I am not in as much pain as I usually am.  I can walk on level ground easily and really only have trouble climbing stairs.  Since I always seem to have some complication with surgery I'm going to let well enough alone. 

I am getting a second opinion about thumb surgery on Friday and if I am allowed steroid injections for a long enough time I will go that route first.  I've been told that the injections can erode the joints over time and the thumb joint is rather small so it may not be advisable to inject it very many times but I am ready to be finished with doctors, surgeries etc 

lightswitch
on 11/2/16 7:22 am

Linda,

I am not taking the iron.  The hematologists said it is useless for me to take oral iron and they don't like to give intramuscular iron.  She said the iron infusions will be for life and hopefully, once we get my levels up enough, I want have to have so many so close together.  

I have put off having my knee fixed for years. Two years ago, the ACL ripped and I couldn't move my leg worth a damn. I did this sort of hip walk where my hip was trying to move my lower leg up and down...after the surgery, the surgeon showed me the pictures he took and he said you have bone rubbing bone and soon, it will start locking and you will fall and break an arm or leg...then he said, look at this, and he pointed at a portion of the upper leg bone at the joint and it was crumbling. He said, those bone chips will eventually tear at the muscle and your bones will eventually fuse together...I laughed at his scare tactics and a few months ago, I couldn't bend my knee. I went back to him and he did X-rays and said, yep, you have fusion of bones....no shots will help, no PT will help...are you ready for the knee replacement....I sure don't want to have the surgery but I am killing my other knee and my shoulders trying to get myself around...damnit.  But, my brother keeps reminding me how hard it was on him before his knee replacement and how active he is now, so I am hopeful that the new joint will be good...who knows. I've heard good and bad but I just want the pain to stop.  Over the last few weeks, I'd let the cut the entire damn leg off if it would give me relief. LOL 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 400 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1205 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1209 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1147 views