WEDNESDAY

seasheleyes
on 11/1/16 9:00 pm - Manteca, CA

Hi again to all of you. I am the long lost member...I just got terribly busy. I am so glad that your knee replacement is on the horizon Jeannie! 

I have been doing my thing with gusto...crafts, taking care of Linda, revising my craft room. I have floor to ceiling shelves on one wall and I am separating my materials into rainbow sections. The first shelf is red, second orange, etc. It will make storage and choices for projects easier. Linda has already given me all of her Stampin' Up hoard. I'm working like crazy to manage it all. 

I hope you are all well. My weight has stabilized at this lower level and I am ready to start towards goal again. 

Breakfast: Protein drink

Lunch: tomato soup with a wedge of cheese

Dinner: spaghetti, broccoli, green salad

Snacks: raw almonds with cranberries 

lightswitch
on 11/2/16 7:39 am

Hey Julia and those to follow,

Yesterday was all day doctor visits and I am just happy to have a day of staying inside. My sister made me some thumb cookies out of almond and cashew butter and she used splenda in place of sugar. She thinks I am iron deficient because I am a vegetarian but I told her it was an absorption thing so she has been making all kinds of high iron foods for me and sending them up the mountain with my daughter. LOL....my daughter said, mom, don't eat the beans she made because I think she put pork fat in it. LOL....Bless her heart...she means well. 

I cannot wait until the weekend fixer upper is fixed. LOL...I have a huge craft room plan that includes French doors that will go out to a little patio...I cannot wait.  Of course, now it is what my granddaughter calls the old ugly blue house that stinks...and it did stink.  But it was so freakin' cheap.

Anyway, today I do leg lifts to strengthen my thigh and lower leg so recovery can be good.One of my yoga gals is coming by to do some upper body yoga with me and my meditation coach is dropping by too.

B: don't judge---chips. I know I should have cooked something but the chips were here and there was just enough for a bowl...like cereal, right?

L: Left over catfish and green beans and okra

D: Oyster stew....

Snacks: I will not lie...I will probably eat crackers all day long...they love me; they really love me. 

Tomorrow, I will do better. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/2/16 11:02 am

as far as I know - iron needs proteins to bind to to make ferritin. If you don't have enough proteins - the iron infusion are only going to restock free iron in your blood but may not build into ferritin - the iron saving account.... I think you may need to increase your proteins... just saying... Plus you need great amount of proteins to heal post op... crackers ain't it... you know that, right? 

I am glad you are doing better. HUGS. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lightswitch
on 11/2/16 6:32 pm

I've increased my protein immensely by eating seafood and/or fish twice a day. Plus, I usually eat either an egg or fortified oatmeal for breakfast. I am working with the nutritionists to make certain that when I eat vegetable proteins that are not complete, I complete them with other vegetables....But while I am going through this building up the blood, I am forcing feeding protein. My sister would say, soak those crackers in some beef stew. LOL.  

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/3/16 4:01 am

I can't have whey.. Or soy. So I found some vegan protein shakes. They are ok. And because they formulated them to make them "complete" I can use them to add to my day to increase my protein intake. 

I know I'll have to drink them at least one week before my face lift and at least for 2 -3 weeks after. Daily and probably at least 2 a day.  In addition to my food, that lately is not that much. 

I was going to suggest jello and collagen... since it is critical for skin, cartilage, and bones....when I realized that it is beef or pork. They don't make it vegan. Bummer. 

Hugs. 

Ps. I know you are an adult, as I am...and you know what you suppose to do... But I often need a reminder...lol.. 

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lightswitch
on 11/2/16 11:02 am

Hey,

It's me again. I have had quite an exciting morning.My daughter called a bit ago and told me that she and her husband were getting ready to cut down an old rotted tree located at the back of our property. Over the weekend, I asked them to cut it down but I also asked her to have one of the boys climb up and make sure an owl wasn't living in the tree. The tree was old and dead but had a huge perfectly round hole that I thought would be perfect for a little owl.  Well, this morning, her 18 year old climbed up the tree and took a look in the hole and found a huge bee hive. She called a local bee keeper, and he was so excited to get to move a wild hive. At first, he was going to take the entire bee population with him but he had no idea how huge it was so he made a temporary hive at the back of our property. I'm deathly allergic to bees and wasps so it cannot stay on our property; although, he said they would not bother me. He also said he will keep an eye on it and may have to make two hives from it and he said he has an extra queen...who the hell just happens to have an extra queen bee around? The good news is that he helped her remove the honey from that old tree and she said she filled ten five gallon buckets and several gallon jars and my old dishpan.  My daughter said the honey was thick from about half the tree's length and the tree is very tall. More importantly, most of the honey is usable. Some went into the new hive, and some she said the bee keeper said to spread around and the bees will pick it up and use it...who knew?  So, we may run down there tonight so I can help her pasteurize the honey and clean the wax. I know honey doesn't have to be pasteurized but I am a freak about pasteurizing certain types of food. LOL....plus, she and I made some cheese a while back and she said it is good to eat...I'm thinking she may not know what's ready, so we are going to check the cheese and maybe get a wheel of it...this is my fourth batch since my cheese making friend taught me and I am always surprised how freakin' easy it is.  

My DH said we might just try to give this bee keeping thing a try...that's a sure fire way to keep me in the house. 

Well, that's my excitement for the day. My daughter said there are already people trying to buy the bees.  Who knew that wild honey bees would be something anyone would want. LOL...she just texted me and said that the bee keeper thinks there's another hive in another tree that isn't all the way dead...the other day, I saw something flying around that one and thought it was wasps.  Maybe more honey.  Did you know that they tried to treat my MS with bees?  Sure did...liked to have killed me too. LOL

seasheleyes
on 11/2/16 1:55 pm - Manteca, CA

Oh my gawd... bees and honey! Sounds really fun except for that little allergy detail! 

lightswitch
on 11/2/16 6:42 pm

The other tree had a small hive in it and the bee keeper brought two more hives over and was successful at moving all the bees over. We ran down earlier to help my daughter with all the honey and the bee keeper has put something around the hives that will prevent other stinger insects from invading.  Apparently, when a hive is disturbed, wasp and other bees try to enter so they can kill the bees.  Who knew.... The bee keeper said he would happily take the bees off our hands but he wants to wait a week or two before disturbing them again.  When I went out and looked, there were bees trapped outside of the hive and he said they were okay and would stay put and tomorrow, he will open it up again so they can enter.  He also said the hives/bees are very healthy.  I was a little nervous about those locked out. Anyway, there's tons of honey and it is so so pretty. Friday, my sister is coming to help us pasteurize it.  I had no concept of how much honey they had removed from the trees; it will takes us hours to pasteurize and put in sterilized jars.  The bee keeper went around the old house listening because he said it's not unusual for bees to build hives behind siding of older houses...I told him the only thing we've seen are wasp. I'm so glad we didn't spray the house for those wasps because it may have floated out of the doors and killed the little bees.  

Life in the country...gotta love it. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/2/16 2:16 pm

wow.. raw wild honey... you guys are really lucky.. BTW- honey like taht - if you guys would sell it - can cost a lot. Bee not treated with ANYTHING...real wild honey. 

Glad that they could save the bees.. They wild bees are stronger - and they are hoe that the bee population in US can recover.

yvonnef1964
on 11/2/16 1:58 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

Ive came to the conclusion that i have binge eating disorder.  Iwill be discussing it with my dr next month. Its just getting worse. The scale is telling me the truth about it.

Planned for the day

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese 

L grilled chicken ranch snack wrap at mcdonalds 

D sirloin pork chop and corn 

S Greek yogurt,  apple and turkey sausage snack sticks 

Have a good evening

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 393 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views