Is it Really Friday?

lightswitch
on 11/11/16 7:21 am

In and out of the hospital is becoming a drag. I finished my last iron infusion and the lab work came back that my iron is good, my blood count is low but acceptable for surgery, but my electrolytes were all out of whack so into the hospital I went for some IV sodium, potassium and calcium.  I am about ready to start telling the doctors no more lab....

I am home for the next few days but Monday will be surgery day and by five Monday afternoon, I'll have a new knee.  

I ate oatmeal for breakfast and will have shrimp for lunch and trout for dinner. All the vegetables that I eat will be green....I am not risking any setbacks for this knee deal. LOL

The other day, I was walking in the hospital corridor and they have this huge mirror, and I looked at it as I was walking and I saw a woman walking and I thought, damn, her leg must be messed up and then I saw my husband put his hand on her back and I thought, damn, I have a kind husband, but I felt something on my back and looked and it was my husband...how was he able to leave that old crippled woman and put his hand on my back so quickly...yep, I was feeling sorry for the my own reflection.  I tried to walk more normal, but it just wasn't going to happen.  But soon...if all goes well, my legs will work again. Yeah!

Ladies, how are you guys doing?

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/16 8:40 am

Jeannie

so glad your blood work is improving.  Will be thinking of you Monday as you undergo your knee surgery.  You'll be kicking up your heels before you know it.

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/11/16 9:27 am

hugs. Good t see yu posting. Sorry to hear about issues. Hospital stays are not fun...

Good luck on Monday. I will be thinking of you -sending best wishes. 

post when you have a chance, so we know you are OK. 

Hugs

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

carlak
on 11/11/16 4:34 pm - Bradenton, FL

Jeane

Ill be thinking about you on Monday!!

Just think that new knee will be the greatest!!

You will be able to run the Marathon of what I call life!!Also enjoy your new house!

Stay string my friend!

Carla

image hosting site

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 376 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1174 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1183 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!