Thursday

lightswitch
on 11/17/16 4:28 pm

Wow!  So, I ended up back in the hospital for a couple of days over the weekend. I got out on Sunday afternoon and then Monday morning, was admitted for surgery.  My surgeon and anesthesiologists were very nice and considerate. After my knee replacement, the doctor talked to my family and explained that in all his years of practice, he had never seen a knee in as bad a shape as mine. He said it was partly because of the rheumatoid arthritis, definitely in part because of the polio, and that a huge part was due to the vitamin D deficiency.  Before surgery and before I left the hospital, the anesthesologists did a nerve block so that the knee cap area wouldn't hurt as much so I could do therapy.  While it has hurt both top of the knee and the back of the knee, I have to admit that this pain is nothing compared to the knee that I had before surgery. I am starting outpatient therapy Monday but have been doing the therapy that they began with me while I was in the hospital. I am still using the walker but have actually used my cane a little bit here and there.  I am bound and determined to make this knee surgery a complete success. 

The weekend fixer upper.  Oh my! We have all the floors and walls out and have started rewiring the old portion of the house. The cement guy has poured the foundation for the bedrooms, kitchen, and car port...we are excited. DH and my daughter are making me a gorgeous walnut breakfast nook to be placed in the kitchen...I cannot wait to sit there and drink my morning coffee. 

What else?  Well, my son is coming home for Thanksgiving; I cannot wait to see the grandkids.  

Well, that's about it for me. The pain medication is kicking my ass so I'll close for now.  How the hell have you guys been doing?

yvonnef1964
on 11/17/16 5:48 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Glad to hear from you. Glad surgery was successful.  Take care yourself.

Ive been sick since Sunday. Im getting better everyday.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 375 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1172 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1183 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1119 views