Friday

lightswitch
on 11/18/16 8:21 am

The weekend is upon us. DH is going to leave me here while he goes and works on the little house and my granddaughter is going to stay with me.  I am walking around much better and can get into and out of bed by myself with the help of the gait belt. I can lift my operative leg now and can bend it 90 degrees so I think when I meet with the PT people Monday, they will be pleased. By Sunday, I hope to ditch the walker and use only the cane. 

My eating is so messed up.  The anesthesia has constipated me and so I am staying nauseated as hell.  If I don't poop by Sunday, I have to go to the ER...I'm taking dulcolax and percolace and some liquid crap...so far nothing. Because of the nausea, I am not eating much at all because I don't want to hurl. I am eating apples and peaches and am hoping tonight I can hold down some shrimp or fish. 

Ladies, what's going on with you guys? 

mermaidoz
on 11/18/16 3:10 pm, edited 11/18/16 7:18 am - Canada

Bran with  stewed prunes, washed down with prune juice in addition to your chemicals. Also stewed apples mashed into applesauce (make yourself with minimal sugar, add  liquid vanilla to flavour) and drink lots of water .And use Dulcolax suppositories to attack bulk from other end...

Good luck with the constipation!

jen

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/22/16 6:18 am

Good to see you doing so well. 

I had a face lift on Friday and have been dragged since then. The surgery was long 5 hours ..and I was in recovery for another 6 hours... I did not wanted to stay in the hospital overnight..so we left before I was fully awaken. But all is good. 

My doc approach is to fix the muscles and ligaments...then remove extra skin...so the pain and recovery is worse, but the effects should also last longer. 

For now I am still hurting...drinking my meals through a straw.  Talking hurts.  But I am slowly improving. 

I did not beat much first 2 days post op and I did not poop...so on Sunday I gave muse.f high enema (warm water with Epsom salts) and things start moving quite nicely.  

Dealing with constipation all my life - high enema usually works and my body knows I mean business... 

Miralx works for me - but is had to be 2-3 capfulls in a single dose. Same 3 capfulls spread in a day don't have the same effect. 

Taking pain pills of douse works against BM. 

Good luck. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 376 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1174 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1183 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1121 views