2 surgerys at once?

glamour_04
on 6/29/11 11:42 pm - Abilene , TX
 Just wanted to see if anyone has had two plastic surgerys at once! im wanting to see how the recovery was for them, im a lil  nervous getting a tummy tuck and breast agumentation.  how did your surgery go? any complications, and what stuff worked for u when u got home? thx :)
     I Dont Skinny Dip I Chunky Dunk!        
Jujuvee
on 6/29/11 11:58 pm
I will be interested in hearing from others as well.

At my surgeons reccomendation, I am having a circumferential lift and brachioplasty (arms) done at the same time in November. I expect it to be rough but being that I am self pay he says this is the way to go. Next year it's theighs and breast implants combined.
mkbeany
on 6/30/11 12:22 am
After conferring with my surgeon, I will splitting mine up.

TT on Aug the 8th. Arms and breasts in December.

I will need my arms to move around after my TT so I don't want them done at the same time.
(I developed a painful seroma after my RNY and needed strong arms to get in and out of bed, on and off the pot, etc.)
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
sonnieN
on 6/30/11 1:06 am - grand rapids, MI
I had an LBL and brachio done at the same time, then Thighs and BL/BA. Recoveries on both were fine. Personally my surgeon wouldn't do the LBL & BL/BA together as it would have been too much time under anesthesia because the BL included a lot of stitches as well as the LBL. It seems like most people on this board do combine surgeries to avoid having to pay for separate OR/Anesthesia/Surgeon cost. Also I'd rather only have 2 recoveries rather than 4.
zzroged
on 6/30/11 4:22 am - United Arab Emirates
Hi I had a TT with muscle repair and a breast lift 2 months ago, followed by a thigh lift and arm lift 7 weeks later.

I've blogged about this extensively so please feel free to take a look at my blog.

Good Luck
Debbie

New Group : UAE_Dubai_Forum for people living in the UAE/Middle East

TT  & Breast Lift Apr 2011 - Inner Thigh Lift & Arm Lift - Jun 2011
      First - 10k Jan 2011 : First - 1/2 Marathon Feb 2011

siberiancat
on 6/30/11 8:02 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I had fleur de lis Tummy Tuck (anchor cut) & brachioplasty done at same time 5 weeks ago.  Was under anesthesia for 5 hours.

I was helpless for the first week.  Major muscle work with TT and arms were useless.  Couldn't even open my refrigerator door or pull my own pants up and down for a few days.

Most arm discomfort was in axilla - but reaching up, in front or behind are greatly hampered.

Pain was mostly in belly.  I have an electric bed (had it before RNY for another medical condition) and don't know what I would have done without it.

I have had a complication.  Tissue necrosis at intersection of vertical and horizontal TT.  I have a open wound that needs irrigated and packed twice a day.  It will heal from the "inside out" and take a couple months.  I have to wear compression garments until it heals and for 5 weeks had a 5# weight limit - now I can do 8-10 for the next month.

If I had to do it over again - I wouldn't do both at the same time.  I was thinking of thigh/butt lift, but do to my first plastic surgery experience, I don't think I will do any more elective plastic surgery.

I am 62 years old - but in great shape and good health.  Just my experience.  Hope yours is better.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

proudmomof2
on 6/30/11 10:21 am - Eaton, OH
I am looking at getting the panniculectomy & abdominoplasty along with breast lift & implants at one time (hopefully in August).  I want to get an arm lift as well, but figured getting the belly and arms done at once was not a good idea.  I didn't want to be useless with my arms "out of commission".  My surgeon likes to wait at least 3 months before doing the other surgery, so I think I might wait until next fall to get the arms done.
One-Derland - 12/10/10 
TT, Pani, Breast Lift, Implants, Hernia Repair - 09/12/11 (Dr. Eslami - LOVE her!!)                                       
Jujuvee
on 6/30/11 7:24 pm
For those that had their belly and arms done... umm, this may be a bit personal but how were your bathroom experiences. Did you need help?
Most Active