4 Weeks Post-Op LBL/BL (pics on profile)

Melinda L.
on 8/19/11 3:58 pm - San Antonio, TX
Wednesday was the 4 week mark in my recovery and I had my hubby take a new set of pics. You have to love a man who has NO issue with taking nekkid pics of his wife knowing she is posting them online! LoL

The iamges are in the album on my profile with the same password - plastic. You do have to be a friend to see them, so send me a request if you haven't already.

Saw my PS this morning and I am healing slightly ahead of schedule. I have a couple of spots that are still open where the drains were, but that is normal.

I am still on the Percocet, but just 1-2 a day for when my right rib hurts just too much to be brave and go on without it.. He would rather put me on an anti-inflammatory, but we aren't supposed to take them and I do really well on the Percs.

I have to go back to work on Monday but he wrote the note as light duty and "as tolerated". I have a desk job, but I still get tired - so that gives me the option to work a few 1/2 or 3/4 days until I get back into the routine.

I am really worried about the stress of going back - I got a new supervisor the day I went on medical leave and it has been a little hostile between her and I so far. That's a WHOLE 'nuther OT post, but I get stressed just thinking about having to face it come Monday.. ~sigh~

I have been walking 2 miles a day in the mornings when it's only in the 80's - after 10am it starts climbing into the 100's and at dusk it's still in the high 90's - once I go back to work, not sure how I'll get the walks in until it cools off.

He said at 6 weeks I can start back to everything normal. I never really exercised before (even post-RNY ...another long OT post about different medical issue LoL), but am finally starting to.

anyways - thanks for everyones support and comments on here and hopefully I'll be able to stay up-to-date with the online stuff once I go back to work!
RNY - 12/10/2008    Dr. Terive Duperier of BMI of Texas
Lower Body Lift / Breast Lift - 07/20/2011  
Dr Peter Fisher of San Antonio Plastic Surgery Center

J G.
on 8/19/11 4:27 pm
Melinda, I'm glad you are doing so well.  One to two percs a day sound perfectly reasonable.  And walking 2 miles a day sounds great in the heat.  I need to wake up a little earlier so that I could walk a litlle further.  I take an ice pack with me and that does help some.  Try not to stress about the new supervisor, it may just take time to know her.  She's probably on the defensive, too, just trying not to show it.  KWIM?  You'll probably just need to come home from work and crash to get your strength back.  Good luck, let us know how it goes.

-Jenny
antonietta23
on 8/19/11 11:53 pm - Holbrook, MA
 You are looking great.  i am one week behind you and I am going to work after four weeks, so I know youre concern, I am not working much that first week but I am a hairdresser so I  will be on my feet.  I think the walking helps with the recovery I have started to walk more and its better. Do you still have swelling or is that getting better.  I still have one drain left, it sucks.  I have afternoon swelling, and I have left rib pain as well, I think it is healing.  I am not compaining but this took a lot out of me.  Have a great week at work

Melinda L.
on 8/20/11 9:35 am - San Antonio, TX
Antonietta - I'm sorry your ribs still hurt, but i'm actually kinda glad to hear I'm not the only one with that type of pain! I was lucky and all my drains were out by my 2nd week - it helped alot in getting around and feeling comfortable.

I don't think I would be able to do a job standing all day right now - just driving around running errands wears me out! Best of luck to you on Monday!!

Melinda L.
on 8/20/11 9:39 am - San Antonio, TX
Melinda L.
on 8/20/11 9:40 am - San Antonio, TX
Thanks Jenny!

I already know she is on the defensive and my old boss was someone that stood the Agency I work for up from the ground.. and is one of my best friends... I have already heard that she is tired of hearing his name at every turn - and my friendship with him was well known, so I already know she is massivly on the defense against me... And she IS trying to show it.. She is using me as an example to prove that she is the new boss and not him (even though he isn't there anymore..)...

I plan to get LOTS of rest and not work full time for a week or so.. so I'm crossing my fingers about next week.

Zombie
on 8/20/11 3:09 am
How is your recovery going at 4 weeks? Any issues with pain or stiffness? How is the swelling?

~Paul~

Melinda L.
on 8/20/11 9:29 am, edited 8/20/11 9:35 am - San Antonio, TX
Paul - Recovery from the Body Lift has been relativly easy (crossing fingers LoL). I am still occassionally slightly stiff from the TT part, but I have been able to walk 2+ miles a days since about week 3 without any reprocussions.

The swelling has come down alot in the last week - so hang in there!! I stay in my binder (big ace bandage thing) almost all the time. Only really go without it after I walk (to help cool down and let it dry - ewww) and when I shower.

I also had some random swelling in my thighs early on (I had no work done on them), so I just got in the habit of wearing thigh-length "support garments" (like spanx stuff) over the binder and it has kept them from swelling up any more. Now I just feel more comfortable when I have them both on beacuse it's a nice tight supportive fit!

I am still on Percocet about twice a day, but that is only from a pain due to my Breast Lift.. Don't think you'll have issues with that pain LoL

Zombie
on 8/20/11 9:56 am
Thanks. Today is the first day I can stand up straight without difficulty. Last night I sneezed and it about killed me. I thought something was gonna rip inside. Do you still have problems if you sneeze this late out?

I don't think I will be getting a breast lift anytime soon.

~Paul~

Laura in Texas
on 8/26/11 2:14 pm
Interesting about your breast pain. My breast lift has caused me zero pain, not even on day 1. I hope your pain goes away soon!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active