did everyone lose hair with plastics??

PBJ
on 11/8/11 11:17 am
I keep reading a theme today..hair loss.  I had alot with my sleeve and just never thought of going through that again. Did it happen to everyone?..and how bad?

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
NoMore B.
on 11/8/11 11:31 am
 I lost some hair a few months after my first round of plastics (LBL, BA/BL, and Arm Lift).  It was enough for me to notice it coming out every day for about a month, and my hair feels thinner to me now - BUT - it was nothing like the hair loss I went through after my WLS.  That really changed the appearance and texture of my hair.  The hair loss after plastics I think is just noticable to me in the form of my hair feeling a little thinner when I run my hands through it.  I think it stil looks the same.
rhidunn
on 11/8/11 12:02 pm - Annapolis, MD
I lost a little bit after my TT --  I noticed more in my brush and in the shower but, didnt really notice any loss of thickness but NOTHING like after my sleeve. 

Lee ~
on 11/8/11 10:15 pm - CA
I'm really glad to read that it's nothing like after WLS.  I wouldn't want to go through that again.  My hair is back and thick again.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

PBJ
on 11/8/11 10:46 pm
Me too Lee...I am so glad to hear it was nothing like the WLS..I would hate to go through that again.  It took about a year to finally get things ok with my hair..I still have baby hairs growning back.  So good to hear!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
siberiancat
on 11/9/11 1:34 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I'm 5 1/2 months post fleur de lis TT and brachioplasty.  My hair thinned some but not bad.  I upped my protein to 100gm pre plastics and kept it at 100gm a day since.  I also upped my biotin and B vitamins.  I'm eating "clean" (no preservatives, chemicals, hormones) and mostly fresh food.  It's all good.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

katsparks
on 11/9/11 2:58 am - Auburn, CA
I am only 4 1/2 weeks out from my TT and I have not lost any hair. After my RNY, I started losing hair pretty quickly. My mom did not lose much hair after plastics but lost a TON of hair after her gastric bypass. She had patches of hair that were just about gone and had to wear a wig for over a year! I think that with WLS, there is so much more trauma to your system than with plastics. You are not able to eat like you did before, etc. I wouldn't stress about it too much!

SW:270         GW: 125         CW:104(and still losing)
New Goal Weight: Whereever my body feels most comfortable and stops losing.

Abdominoplasty with Dr. Scott Green: 10/11/11
proudauntie
on 11/9/11 6:48 am - Honolulu, HI
Every time I have surgery I lose hair.  I had four surgeries within sixteen months so I decided to wait 9 months til the next one so some can grow back before losing it again!  My next surgery is only 2 hours compared to the others which were six or more so hopefully that will make a difference. 
Bertrand765
on 11/10/11 9:59 am
Definitely lost a TON of hair with my sleeve too...I did however loose a bit after my plastics as well. Not NEAR as bad as I did with the sleeve. Like most others said, noticed it in the shower and on my hair brush. I was also told by my Dr that when ever you are put under with anesthesia you often loose hair. So it was a bit harder of me because I had two plastics surgeries within three months of each other.

Seems a bit of hair loss is normal. Best of luck to you!
Elle

Robert P.
on 11/16/11 9:23 am - Pelham, AL
I never had any loss with RnY, so I'm hoping I won't have any with plastics.  My hair is the only thing I've ever liked about myself :)
High 468 / Surgery 433 / Current 243/ Goal 219
Most Active