Two Down...Two to Go

MikeyMike
on 11/28/11 6:52 am, edited 11/28/11 7:03 am - New York, NY

Today marks ten days after my Circumferential Lower Body Lift.

I had my follow up visit with the Plastic Surgeon. He said I was healing very nicely and was loving my progress. He removed two of the four drains from my body. He said he wanted me to come back on Wednesday and he may remove the last two. He said that it was going to hurt to remove the drains which surprised me as it didn't hurt to remove the drain from when I had the Sleeve. I thought to myself good thing I took a Percoset before going into the office. Maybe the Percoset helped or he was just trying to psych me up for the removal. But it didn't really hurt. The first drain from my groin I barely felt. The second from the hip stung a little.

Prior to him removing the drain. I told him that If there's is the slightest chance that keeping the drains in longer would prevent further complications down the road. My preference would be to keep the drains in longer. I rather have them in longer to prevent a Seroma or future infections. He said that was an usual statement coming from a patient. He said I'm one for normally ignoring Patients requests around drain removal. He said I won't, no matter how much the patient begs to remove a drain, remove it before I feel it's right. He said Let's remove two and see how you do. Come back on Wednesday.

He also told me I'm still swollen but he can see I'm going to have a good result. But it may be a couple of months until you see it. Once the drains are removed you will need to wear compression garments to help with the swelling.

I'm happy to have the two drains removed. Hopefully on Wednesday the others will be gone and I can finally take a shower. I'm keeping myself clean but there's nothing like a nice shower to make one feel human again.

I'm also a bit surprised about my recovery. I was expecting a similar recovery to that of the sleeve. After the sleeve surgery I was in no pain. I didn't have to fill my prescriptions. I was able to take long walks and felt great after the exercise.

I'm not feeling a tremendous amount of pain. It's rather odd. My skin is swollen, and itchy. It sometimes doesn't feel like it belongs to me. It's like it's something attached. It's a weird feeling. Sometimes it gets taught and the pain meds helps make the skin mine again.

I've tried taking a couple of walks. I get winded easily. Maybe a side effect of the pain meds.

My Doctor said I should try to get off of the Percoset in favor of something milder ie Tylenol (only when needed).   

I'm going to try that starting tomorrow. See if that increases my endurance.

I'll attach a couple of pictures. Would like to hear feedback. Especially around drain removal time frames and recovery. I'm Thinking of going back to work on Monday. I have a desk Job so nothing that would over exert myself.

Prior to Surgery:

I took these 5 days after the procedure:

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Michelle E.
on 11/28/11 9:58 am
Congrats on your healing and surgery!!  I cant wait to have my TT at the end of Dec.

Michelle
(deactivated member)
on 11/28/11 10:01 am
Wow, what a change.
(deactivated member)
on 11/28/11 11:33 am
Don't push yourself to go back to work to soon I needed all 6 weeks I put in for. I had my drains in for 6 weeks and drained 1.32 gallons of fluid so anything less than what I had you would be better off. The scar doesn't look that bad at all for 5 days. You have an even incision line your surgeon has a good hands. I wish my incision was even you can see it my pics if you want.

Hope you get the other drains out wednesday & good luck.

Bubba
Zombie
on 11/28/11 12:25 pm
You are looking good, glad to hear you are recovering so well. I have to agree with Bubba, don't push yourself, follow all the instructions and take as much time as you need. Congrats, looking good.

~Paul~

Lee ~
on 11/28/11 1:48 pm - CA
 Yay Mickey, you're looking great. I'm so happy that you had a great doctor visit!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

PBJ
on 11/28/11 10:50 pm
You are looking great Mikey!  I totally agree with the guys..don't rush going back to work.  Give your body as much time as needed!  Good luck on Wed.
I would premedicate yourself on Wed with the percocet....as long as you don't drive!
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
strawberry28
on 11/28/11 11:55 pm - somewhere, MD
Wow. Looking good! What a nice job your surgeon did. Remember you still have a lot of healing to do on the inside. Take it easy to ensure you keep moving in the right direction.
SW= 268     
CW= 145  ***GOAL REACHED on Christmas Day 2010****             
GW=145
5'6"       BMI= 23
 LapBand 3/2006 to Revision DS 12/2009
Get the FACTS about the Duodenal Switch at www.DSFACTS.com or http://www.duodenalswitch.com/

Extended Tummy Tuck, BL/BA scheduled for 11/18/11 Dr. Larry Lickstein          

z85sparty
on 11/29/11 10:23 am - Mason, MI
 WOW! You do look amazing already!  So happy for you that two drains are gone! 

So thankful for my DS! 1/20/2012 - SW 290/CW 155 - 1 year to lose, 1.5 years and counting maintaining! 

A Run With Meghan (My Running Blog)

My First Half Marathon: Fort For Fitness (9/24/2011): 2:22:58
My Frist Marathon: Marine Corps (10/30/2011):
 5:39:59
My First Sprint Triathlon: Trek Series (8/7/2011): 1:55:18

Most Active