Home after Lower and Upper body lift - 18 lbs of skin removed!

sotto_voce
on 12/13/11 10:32 pm - Alpharetta, GA
On Monday, I was in the OR for 7 hours to compete a lower body lift and what ended up being an uppder body lift, too. We had planned on brachioplasty and silicone breast implants placed under the muscle.  I will post pics under my profile and you can see that I had a lot of side rolls that would not have been addressed with a LBL, even one with a vertical incision.

So, surgery morning, Dr. Lawrence asked me if it would be okay to extend my brachioplasty scars through my underarms and down to my hip bones on each side. She said that was the only way to address all my various rolls with the most hidden scars. She was even able ot put in the implants through the arm pit, since she had a large incision to work through. 

They took off 18 pounds of extra skin! 

I am at home now, after spending one night in the hospital. I have an ER nurse friend staying with me through Friday and my boyfriend is staying with me and working remotely for his job. So far, the most painful part has been the impants. My chest wall is so sore. I had a B cup when I was at my heaviest (338) and when I went into surgery at 165 lbs. We went with 457 cc implants to get me up to a cull C or small D. In the pics the implants certainly haven't dropped yet and if my left nipple remains asymmetrical, she will fix that in-office. 

So far having the upper body and lower body lifts completed at the same time has been okay. I have an On-Q pain pump inserted to numb the incisions. My follow up is on Friday and it will likely come out then, along with 2 of the 6 drains I currently have :)

Thanks again for all your support over the past year as I've read this forum each day and commented on various threads. 

Bethany

PBJ
on 12/13/11 10:37 pm
Hi Bethany,

I can't wait to see your pictures...

You sound like you are doing great so far for haviing so much done at one time.  

Just wanted to say hi and so glad that you are doing well.  Post pix's when you can.  I am having my PS in Jan and so I love to see the before and afters!

Hugs,
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
sotto_voce
on 12/13/11 10:43 pm - Alpharetta, GA
 Pics should be up now! I'll continue to add more as the days pass. Those were taken 1-day post op. 

Havalina
on 12/13/11 10:56 pm, edited 12/13/11 11:01 pm
Just wanted to say congrats and I am glad you are doing good so far! I am very interested in watching your journey. I think a similiar surgery is exactly what I need. I am in Florida so GA isn't that far away. Would love details about your Doc once your recovered and up to it! s
Saw your pics and I think your going to look amazing, you can see a huge difference already.

VSG  Aug 9, 2010 with Dr. Shieh in Fort Myers, FL    
HW 366 Day of Surgery 334
PS: Extended TT, Arm Lift, Fat Transfer to the rear 6/6/2012.

Don 1962
on 12/13/11 11:31 pm

PS did a lot of good work on you!  Hope healing goes well.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

waitinggame
on 12/13/11 11:54 pm - Bowie, MD
What an improvement after only 1 day!! And 6 drains?!? You poor thing!

I thought the boobs were far more uncomfortable than I'd anticipated. Hopefully that will settle down fast for you as it seems to for most.

Hang in there!!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

NewAlicia
on 12/14/11 6:29 am
 Bethany that is awesome!  I hope you continue to do well!  I am on Day 2.  Had surgery on Monday and, wow - I am sore all over, but can see this getting better soon.

Doing, Lipo on thighs, ext. arms and TT are rough.  It hits you in all the wrong places.

Xo Alicia
HW - 378 LW - 180 ( for about 5 minutes in 2005)
Weight at RNY in May 03' - 368, Current weight: 216 lb - maintained for 5+ years
Plastic Surgery Date: December 12 2011, Ext. Brachioplasty, TT & Thigh Lipo.
est. Weight post PS: 200lbs
Constantine
on 12/14/11 6:29 am
Your pictures look amazing already.  Chest looks wonderful!  Hope your healing goes well and everything works out!!!

cme
on 12/14/11 6:46 am - Lyman, ME
VSG on 10/18/07 with
WOW you look amazing already. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. I am sending healing vibes your way.

VSG 10/18/07 HW 231 GW 150 CW 147
Been maitianing same weight since March 23 , 2008
Plastics w/ Dr Sauceda Jan 02, 2012 Tummy tuck, Breast lift w/ implants.

Tess145
on 12/14/11 11:06 am - Senatobia, MS
You look awesome!  Thanks for sharing your pictures.  You are going to have a knockout figure!

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Most Active