Reverse tummy tuck?

2muchfluff
on 12/19/11 11:27 am
 Has anyone had a reverse tummy tuck?  I have read that it is hard to find a surgeon who does this.

PBJ
on 12/19/11 12:53 pm
I'm just curious why would one want this?  I really don't know.
My weight loss journey                                                    
Iam_with_the_Band
on 12/19/11 3:43 pm, edited 12/19/11 3:43 am
Why? AND also does that mean they put my skin back where they removed it?

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Lee ~
on 12/20/11 12:38 am - CA
 Ok, color me curios. Could you describe what it is and what it accomplishes?  It might not be what it sounds like to us.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

EthelMae
on 12/20/11 1:05 am - MD
Not the originial poster, but I was curious too.

http://www.drkmd.com/2011/03/reverse-tummy-tuck/

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

2muchfluff
on 12/20/11 8:39 am
 It is where they cut under your bust line instead of at your hips and it takes up the sagging skin above your belly button.  It is used for people who have already had a regular tummy tuck but still have leftover skin above the belly button. I have read that if you are going to have a breast lift at the same time they can use some of the fat that they pull up to augment the losses there and you can have an upper and lower at the same time and leave the belly button intact.  Sounds like something I would like to learn more about before I decide what surgery to have.  I was interested in this, as I am not too keen on some of the refashioned belly buttons I have seen and I would like to keep my original if possible.   Unfortunately, I never had a problem with extra skin above the waistline until I was blown up like a baloon for gall bladder surgery.  Have been jiggly above the waist ever since.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 12/20/11 1:03 pm
I see.  That makes sense.  Keeping the original belly button also depends on what it looks like internally.  Sometimes, if we have gained a lot of weight it is stretchedd way out of shape and it's longer than it should be.  So keeping it is not always an option.  I was told this by a plastic surgeon in Denver.  I had the Anchor Cut, so I do have a new fashioned one that is actually attractive - and I no longer have any excess skin above the waist and I have a nice waist.  I will be having an upper body lift for my back skin when I return to Dr Sauceda next year. 
Very interesting surgery.  Thanks for posting this!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

crishsapig
on 12/21/11 10:41 am - Fortuna, CA
 I had this done. I had too much loose skin above my belly button after LBL even with a revision. My PS does not like to do an anchor for a TT so he used the incisions from my breast lift, pulled up the skin and removed the excess. Worked like a charm but the scars are pretty wide. He did a scar revision and same thing happened. Horizontal incisions just have a tendency to widen. 
godzilla
on 12/21/11 8:17 pm - Israel
Wow! After reading the link I sent my surgeon an email with a link as I am hoping to have mastopexy (if my HMO approves it but my apptm is only scheduled for March 2012)- and we are not sure if my breasts will be only a lift or also something else but I am not interested in putting anything foreign into my body nor am I that attached to what I have.
Mikimi in Israel
paranoidmother21
on 12/21/11 11:04 pm - Lake Zurich, IL
I had a major combo - circumferential LBL with anchor cut, and they also pulled up more during the BL/BR and what wound up being an upper back lift. Like Iamwiththeband, I needed a new (or externally removed) belly button, so ALL the excess is gone. It's a nice feeling - and, given that I'm 56, the scar placement lets me wear hipster bikini bottoms (my anchor is almost invisible), which is about as daring as I'm going to get anyway!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Most Active