TMI...

PBJ
on 1/23/12 6:21 am
 Ok I know this might be TMI but..." (we can share anything here right??).  For the past 3 days I have been urinating a lot of blood.  I did have a cath for 5 days post op so figured 8 was coming down with a UTI...but it didn't get better so called my plastic surgeon today.  He wanted me to be seen today by my ob/gyn...so that is where I am going today in one hour.     I sure hope no complications and just something a little antiobiotic cures!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/12 6:25 am
Patty, I sure hope everything goes well and it's nothing to be concerned about.  Let us know. 
Lee ~
on 1/23/12 6:27 am - CA
 Oh my goodness Patty, I'm so sorry you've been dealing with this.  I'm so glad you made the call and are being seen today.

Please let us know how it goes at the doc!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

loverofcats
on 1/23/12 6:53 am
Hopefully, it is a UTI. Glad you're seeing someone today.

gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Heather :o)
on 1/23/12 8:39 am
I would guess UTI also. Keep us posted!
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
waitinggame
on 1/23/12 8:42 am - Bowie, MD
I used to get bladder infections that were so bad I'd urinate blood almost as soon as I had symptoms of urgency and burning when I'd go. Hope you got an answer and that it is easily remedied!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

PBJ
on 1/23/12 9:26 am
Well she thinks I have a UTI from the cathetar that I had in for 5 days.  (this is what I thought too) . However, I just finished being on antibiotics that my PS put me on and that is when my symtoms started.  She sent a urine spec to lab and we shall see.   I have no other symtoms.  Hopefully she will put me on an antibiotic and this will be history!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Michelle E.
on 1/23/12 10:25 am
Patty,

I hope you feel better.. Better a UTI than a kidney infection.. either way antibiotics are in your near future.. feel better!!

Michelle
Amy Smith
on 1/24/12 3:19 am
My PS notices a slight UTI when he did the surgery so I went home with antibiotics for both!  The antibiotics from the PS (keflex) would not take care of the UTI, just FYI

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

Most Active