Full TT and Breat Aug! need tips and has anyone had these two done together?

glamour_04
on 1/23/12 3:30 am - Abilene , TX
 Hello! I am scheduled for a Full TT and breat augumentation first week of feb. I was hoping to get some tips for after surgery? Also if anyone has had the two procedures done at the same time. Thank so much! im very nervous i hate being put under !
     I Dont Skinny Dip I Chunky Dunk!        
lorilea
on 1/23/12 4:37 am - MN
I just had 3/4 belt lift and bl/ba on Friday.  The first few days are the hardest, but if you stay ahead of your pain with your pain medications and you should be fine. I take half doses more frequently and that helps.  

I would recommend sleeping in a recliner, I am planning on sleeping here for a week or so.

Take everything slow...especially when you take your binders off.  Took my first shower today and it took me about a half hour to get everything off, 10 minutes in the show and half hour to rebandage.  Maxi pads make great bandages.....and they are alot cheaper than gauze and my PS even recommended it. 

sublimate
on 1/23/12 7:56 am - San Jose, CA
I will be in your boat soon too, with a LBL and BA/BL, but I'm also getting a nose job. I would love to separate out the surgeries but I can't take so much time off of work. OR time will be 10 hours!

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

PBJ
on 1/23/12 9:31 am
Hi Sublimate,

How are you??  When are you having your surgery?  wishing you good luck!!

I just had mine done on the 11th...

Hugs
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
sublimate
on 1/24/12 8:14 am - San Jose, CA

Hi there Patty!  I'm moving this weekend and still very much up to my neck with a very full life with full time school, work and being a single mom, plus working on a myriad of other things like a social life I try to fit in. 

I'm rarely on OH anymore but do read a bit when I can and my other OH friends keep me updated on anything great.  I'm just setting up my date now; will be either 3/5 or 3/14.  

I have been following your progress through reading your posts and our mutual friends.  I'm sorry I haven't responded personally due to time limitations.  I often just browse quickly in between tasks and can't really post much.  But you have been in my thoughts and I have been thankful to be able to know what's going on with you. 

Sorry again I haven't been able to be in touch.. I hope that changes soon. I hope you are feeling better after your latest.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Lee ~
on 1/23/12 8:33 am - CA
 Good luck with your surgery!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Zombie
on 1/23/12 10:23 am
A co-worker of mine had the full TT and breast Aug and she said it about killed her. She said she was in lots of pain. I cant say anything about breast aug for obvious reasons, but I had a full TT in August and I was in agony for the first 3 days. Best of luck to you.

~Paul~

bowknot
on 1/23/12 10:40 am
I had a LBL, Breast lift and eyelid bleth on Thursday. 10 hours in th OR. Recovery is good so far. First follow -up is tomorrow. I'll post an update afterwards.

Kay
Michelle E.
on 1/23/12 10:49 am

Anticipate getting your period either right before or after surgery.. I got mine the day of... Have Ready to drink protein shakes and meals you can eat with little preparation. I can still hardly reach the microwave... get a good sports bra measure now then add 3 - 4 inches to the band width.. get your personal grooming in order before surgery..clean your house..

I used a toilet seat lift thing over my toilet for at least a couple of weeks.. I had depends on hand too...

Use stool softeners before and after surgery regularly....Use gas x.. its hard to pass gas afterwards too..

Use compression camisole and briefs (high waisted)..long T shirts or tanks to wear under binder..

Make your night stand user friendly.. keep drugs, propel/water,

You will be bored..get plently of movies, keep laptop close..

Keep a pillow in your ride home.. place pillow between you and seat belt..

I found my skin really dry afterwards.. use cetaphil instead of regular bodywash..

baby wipes, antibacterial wipes, pumpless antibacterial hand soap..after surgery hard to open childproof medications..

Get a recliner.. I wish I had.. My DH had to help me in and out of bed several times a day.. Make sure you have someone with you for at least first 3-4 days..

Have lots of woopie with DH cause you'll have to wait until you heal

strawberry28
on 1/24/12 3:36 am - somewhere, MD
Had that exact thing done on November 18th. Lived in my recliner for 3 weeks. I was one lazy chick..LOL. First week you feel like a MAC truck hit ya, but just take your meds. I was off narcotics by day 7. Toilet seat riser, recliner (rent a lift chair that reclines to sleeping position if you can) It was the best thing in the world to me. Hard to get and stay comfortable so having the recliner and a bed to alternate between with lots of pilloow was helpful. I bought one of thoes grabber things from target too. Came in handy I kept dropping the remote control LOL.

comfy zip up front pajamas, loose fitting pajama pants.
SW= 268     
CW= 145  ***GOAL REACHED on Christmas Day 2010****             
GW=145
5'6"       BMI= 23
 LapBand 3/2006 to Revision DS 12/2009
Get the FACTS about the Duodenal Switch at www.DSFACTS.com or http://www.duodenalswitch.com/

Extended Tummy Tuck, BL/BA scheduled for 11/18/11 Dr. Larry Lickstein          

Most Active