Question about swelling after TT

MsApryl
on 1/25/12 8:45 am - Pocono summit, PA
I finally had  a Tummy tuck this past Friday out and I am aware of swelling from the proceedure but I am finding my legs, thighs and feet are sweling also. I havent heard much of this is this normal.

Also has any body experience insomina after the surgery  since Friday and can only get about 3 hrs of sleep a  day anythoughts would be helpful.
  Happines is not a birthright.You make your own happiness through your attitude and the way you behave.Happiness is a choice. It takes daily practice to make it a habbit.
Lisa D.
on 1/25/12 10:15 am - New Orleans, LA
What kind of compression are you wearing?  I have a girdle that starts mid thigh and goes up to my ribs.  My PS wants compression to start on the legs to prevent swelling in the thighs and lower legs.  You should call your PS and tell them you are swelling.  I haven't had any leg swelling at all.  I am 2 1/2 weeks out from my TT and brachioplasty.  Try wearing something that will put compression on your legs.  Do you have anything like biking shorts or under armour pants?  I slept fine post op.  Are you comfortable?  In pain?  You need rest to heal.  I hope you get these things straightened out soon!
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Michelle E.
on 1/25/12 10:34 am
My formerly sharpei thighs are still swollen 4 weeks post TT/BL/BA/Lipo/Lateral Thigh lift. I wear lots of compression garments and binder.. I saw my Surgeon today.. He said its completely normal..

I have lots of insomnia still.. I was up last night 2am.. its exhausting.. I take a number of things to get back to sleep.. sometimes melatonin, benadryl, or pain pill or xanax.. its all depends..

Michelle
bowknot
on 1/25/12 10:53 am
I had a LBL on Thursday. I have not had the kind of swelling you describe. I recommend you call your doctor.

I am having issues with sleep too. I think it is from my limited mobility when I sleep. I have drains on both hips so I can't sleep anyway, except on my back. I'm usually a side sleeper. This sleeping on my back is tough. I also have to take a pain pill before I sleep or the constant pulling sensation distracts me from sleep.

Kay
PBJ
on 1/25/12 12:42 pm
I had my TT 2 weeks ago today and I had alot of swelling from my tummy..I felt 4 months pregnant.  it was very tight and I was uncomfortable.  Make sure you use your binder.  Now at 2 weeks...it is much better..still swollen but much better.

I too had a hard time sleeping..it was the pain meds that was doing it to me according to my doc...and he was right.  they really messed with my sleep and the fact that it was very hard to get comfortable...that too is much better now.  It was hard to get comfortable with the incisions and then I had lipo of the back too. 

It really does get better...hang in there

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
MsApryl
on 1/26/12 9:04 am - Pocono summit, PA
Thanks for your encouragement I will look forward to the swelling to go down hearing from people ahead of me makes me feel better.  Sleeping has never been easy for in the first place meletonin seems to help but I am not sure how long you can take it. Once again thanks for your support

Happines is not a birthright.You make your own happiness through your attitude and the way you behave.Happiness is a choice. It takes daily practice to make it a habbit.
Thundergrrrl
on 1/27/12 10:40 am
I'm a few days away from being 3 months post TT and still have swelling in my pubic area. I didn't have any of the other areas you mentioned swell though. And insomnia was not a problem for me. Sorry I can't be more help. But I hear the swelling takes a good long while to go away.

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

Most Active