Freaked out!!!

glamour_04
on 2/20/12 12:10 pm - Abilene , TX
 I know not the best lil story but I had extended pannelectomy on feb 14 th and I had a small BM 2?days after pretty small but I haven't had one since I'm kinda freaked out cause I'm eating normal diet no sure where all that food went lol. Should I be worried oh I do have lil cramping in lower tummy n gas so I think should be good . Just scared
allypad64
on 2/20/12 1:19 pm - henderson, NV
Don't be scared - it will come...I didn't go for 5 days after my surgery, and then it was another 5 days.  If you don't go tomorrow or the next day, maybe give your dr. a call then.  

Allison

Plastics by Dr. Sauceda in Monterray, MX - 2/6/2012 (yippee!).  Lower Body Lift, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Butt Lift.

rhidunn
on 2/20/12 1:33 pm - Annapolis, MD
Are you taking pain meds?  If so, you should consider a mild laxative to help keep things moving.

allypad64
on 2/20/12 1:43 pm - henderson, NV
Be VERY careful taking a laxative - it will MAKE you go and with a new pannelectomy, the last thing I would want is stomach cramps from a laxative - you can consider a stool softener instead...

Allison

Plastics by Dr. Sauceda in Monterray, MX - 2/6/2012 (yippee!).  Lower Body Lift, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Butt Lift.

PBJ
on 2/20/12 2:21 pm
 U should be taking stool softeners daily, especially if u r on pain meds and drinking a lot of water.  Miralax is great to use if  you are constipated.  Pain meds are extremely constipating and you really need to be  things moving...if you know what I mean!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/12 1:21 am

I went 8 days before my first one, then 3 days till the next one. I took stool softeners right off the bat and six days of double shots of milk of magnesia before the first one kicked in. I'm sure you'll be fine everybody handles this differently. As long as you've got some gas I would think you'd be good but call your surgeon just to double check.

Bubba

Lee ~
on 2/21/12 5:19 am - CA
 I didn't go for a week and survived.  I'm sorry you're going through this.  The stool softeners and miralax really helped me.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

MsApryl
on 2/21/12 9:10 am - Pocono summit, PA
As everyone has said it is normal to have this happen. stool softners are the way to go. also if you want a natural choice for a laxitive you can go to her health food store near you and buy Senna tea. Iis one of the gentlist  ways to go no cramping
  Happines is not a birthright.You make your own happiness through your attitude and the way you behave.Happiness is a choice. It takes daily practice to make it a habbit.
Most Active