OMG.....better than vicodan!

PBJ
on 2/22/12 1:59 pm
 As I have posted before...I have been having a lot of back pain since my surgery 5 weeks ago.  (had tummy tuck and back lipo then).  So I called my surgeon the other day to see if I could have a massage....he said yes but just not deep tissue.   That is what I did tonight...and it was fabulous!  It really felt great on my back...I am hoping to be able to get a few more.  I would not do this without your doc's approval..but wow it felt great!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
loverofcats
on 2/22/12 10:29 pm
I thoroughly subscribe to the benefits of massage. I started up again with a massage every other week about 4 months ago. I was having issues with tight muscles from working out and the massage really helped to work the knots out of muscles. Recently, I have had some issues with shoulder tendinitis and massage has helped to loosen the tissues and decrease the pain. It is so much better than any pain medication. I also used Arnica gel, which was helped for decreasing the inflammation. The tendinitis has really improved.

Gail

I wonder, if Arnica gel might help? Check with your surgeon.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Lee ~
on 2/23/12 3:51 am - CA
I'm so glad it helped you Patty!  It was unreal the amount of pain you were in from the lipo.  Go figure why some of us have the pain and some don't.  I'm just counting my blessings that I didn't suffer the way you have.

It's time to start planning our next get together!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Michelle E.
on 2/23/12 1:20 pm
Your new avatar looks great & so happy !!
Lee ~
on 2/23/12 1:40 pm - CA
 Thanks Michelle!

godzilla
on 2/23/12 11:04 pm - Israel
i too like your new avatar!
mikimi
Lee ~
on 2/23/12 11:43 pm - CA
Thank you Mikimi!

Michelle E.
on 2/23/12 1:14 pm
I gave myself the official title of "massage *****" cause I cant live without them.. seeing my massage therapist on Friday too! Woo HOO!!

Happy you are feeling better!

Michelle
JustLookingToo
on 2/26/12 3:22 pm - AL
Good to hear that the massage helped. You might also want to make sure your feet/footwear are supportive. I had a major back/neck/knee injury years ago, and I get major flares of pain if I do anything that will throw myself out of "alignment". For instance, walking on crutches, having a surgery that causes me to favor certain areas thus causing me to walk oddly(like staying bent over after a tummy tuck), or even just wearing shoes that don't have enough arch support. 

I've been wearing a lot of boots lately, and after a full day of shopping last week I could barely walk because of back and leg pain. I went to the Academy Sports Store and bought a pair of Spenco insoles. I put them in my boots as soon as I left the store, and I was AMAZED at how my back pain was almost instantly relieved. It was like I had taken a pain pill or something. 

Hope you feel better very soon!

Most Active