How many sizes did you go down when you had plastics?

Patricia R.
on 3/26/12 8:24 am - New Oxford, PA
Okay so it seems that skin doesn't really weigh that much based on my last post responses.  Some more than others.  Everyone is different.  So I guess now I will ask how many sizes you were able to drop with your plastics done.  I have 2 months until my surgery (lbl and arms) and I am worried that I won't like the results.  I know I am going to drive myself nuts trying to figure out what the outcome will be.  I've waited a very long time for this and can't believe it is finally going to happen.  I don't want to be disappointed.  So if you could please share with me how many sizes you dropped??? 
southernbelle102
on 3/26/12 8:38 am
 I haven't gone down a size yet.  I am 1 month post op from my LBL.  I am fitting into my pre op pants and they are a little loose but not enough that I would be another size down. I think the reason I haven't gone down is that my size without spanx now is what my size in spanx was before. I may go down a little more as the year progresses, but I am fine with being the same size as I was pre op.
bowknot
on 3/26/12 9:48 am
I didn't drop any sizes. My hips are too wide. I'm happy with my results at 2 months out.

Kay
susie64
on 3/26/12 9:51 am
I am 2 weeks post op and I have gone down one pant size since surgery and also one top size since I had my arms done at the same time.  Good luck!

Highest Wt 278/Surg Wt 246/Current Wt 148.6/Goal Wt 145 (initial goal)   
sublimate
on 3/26/12 10:32 am, edited 3/26/12 10:32 am - San Jose, CA

3 weeks out and nothing yet.. in fact some pre-op clothes don't fit! I can't believe this as I look so different in the mirror and I don't think I look swollen at all, but I hear the swelling makes a difference in a big way and takes time to resolve. I had this fantasy about getting out of surgery and needing a whole new wardrobe! Oh well.. burst that bubble!

I can tell you that a bunch of clothes I do have look so much better now without that huge belly bulge, even though I am not in a different size.  I had a few shirts that hugged  my belly and now they are nice and don't look ugly in that area.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

PBJ
on 3/26/12 12:09 pm
I went down one pant size.  I had an extended tummy tuck.  I am very happy with the results and very pleased to be a size 8 now.  I haven't been this size since high school!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Raven300
on 3/26/12 4:03 pm
 I dropped one or two pant sizes depending upon the maker.  I had a tremendous amount of skin/tissue hanging between my belly button and my crotch.  When I wore pants pre-op I was basically using the pants as a spanx type garment. This meant that if I tried to eat while sitting down, I had to unbutton my pants to allow for any expansion.  Even 2 weeks after the surgery, with the swelling when I tried on my pre-op jeans I could see a 2 to 3 inch gap between my skin and the jean in the area of the zipper.

I am not sure how much weight you lost or how much overhang you have on your body, but it certainly seems to make a difference in terms of seeing a size/loss reduction.  What you are guaranteed to get, regardless of weight loss or sizing change, is a smoother better shape to your abdomen and butt/hips.  If you are suffering from problems now, I can't imagine you being unhappy with the results of the LBL.  

You are smart to ask these questions. Having a realistic idea of what to expect for results is very important.  The best person to ask will be your surgeon. He/She should really be able to explain to you what can and can't be done with your body and skin and how you should appear post-op.  I went in with a very good explanation offered to me by Dr. Lomonaco and the overwhelming desire to just feel 'normal' in my skin and not deformed.  I came away from my LBL very very happy.
     HW-345,SW-300, CW-144lbs.  DS 5/11/10. 
     First round of plastics with Dr. LoMonaco 11/8/11  LBL, BL. 14lbs of skin removed.
     2nd round with Dr. LoMonaco 2/8/12 Brachioplasty, Thigh lift,  Breast Implants.

mkbeany
on 3/26/12 11:52 pm
I didn't lose a size in bottoms. But everything fits dramatically different.

Now, up top, yes...I went from an XL to a Large in tops once the large bat wings and droopy breast tissue was gone.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Lee ~
on 3/27/12 1:01 am - CA
 I'm three months post op but saw my sizes change at around six weeks.

I went from size 10 jeans to 6 jeans but I may be an 8 in some brands.

I went from large tops to small after my arms were done.  I love that they don't fall off my shoulders to accommodate my arms.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Michele816
on 3/27/12 1:56 am
I am 5'5''. I had a tummy tuck on January 30th.  I also went from 156 pounds to 136.6 as of this morning.    So far, I went from a 16 the day of my surgery (extra large) to a 10 (medium) at the moment.  However, I still have swelling and a huge mons pubis that has to be lifted and lipoed. Wating to hear on that one.  I don't know how much or if my size will change after that.  We'll see. 

Most Active