6 days out from TT- a binder ??

jennkitt
on 5/8/12 7:54 am - MI
Had my follow-up this afternoon, things are going well! I hadn't taken off any of my bandages because they had stayed on so well, so they took off all the bandages and steristrips today. The drains have to stay in a couple more days, still draining well.

The binder seems bigger now, do you think it would be ok to wash and dry it in hopes that it shrinks up a little?  The PA said it needs to be a bit tighter, she suggested placing a towel inbetween my skin and the binder, which I'm doing now, but wondering if I could wa**** Thoughts?

I do have a "pucker" at the top of my anchor cut... the PA said this was normal because they don't want to take the cut up into my cleavage, so that also limits how much they could take off at the top... I have to admit, it seems more flabby at the top than I thought it would, hopefully just swelling and if I can get this binder tighter that will help.  She says I can talk to the surgeon about options in 6 wks to see what it does on its own.

Has anyone else had this happen or have any suggestions to help it flatten out?

Pain is well mananged with the pain meds, which I am still taking and got a refill on today. Up walking and moving quite a bit, I have 2 small kids, so have little choice.

I would KILL for a shower and to shave... hopefully soon!

Will post pics once drains are out,

Jenn
HW: 305, Consult: 285, Day of surg:261

PBJ
on 5/8/12 9:48 am
Congrats Jenn on your TT...sounds like you are doing great!  I am almost 4 months out but I can remember that first week like it was yesterday!
   They gave me 2 binders...so when I washed one I had the other.  yes I washed and dryed them alot!  I wore a camosole under the binder so it didn't touch my skin..was much more comfortable that way for me.  I wore mine for about 2 months 24/7 and now I wear it at night only.  It still is comfortable to me. At about 1 week out I got really swollen so make sure you really keep your fluids up.
good luck to you and keep up the great work

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Cherish F.
on 5/9/12 2:13 am - Philadelphia, PA
The binder they sent me home with was definitely too big after the first 10 days or so. I bought a new one at the drugstore for about $35.00. You can get one pretty much anywhere. It is shorter in the torso, and much tighter. Now when I wash the new one, I wear the old one.
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Most Active