How Long Will it REALLY Hurt??

LornaDoone33
on 5/16/12 2:06 am
I am four years out on May 21st and finally decided to have some of this excess skin removed.  I am  having panni surgery in a few weeks.  I have read posts that describe unbearable pain for weeks and some that say there was very little pain at all.  Is there a norm?  How long can I expect to feel like crap??  I've typically been a very fast healer and have a high pain threshold.

Anwing8
on 5/16/12 2:51 am - Cape May, NJ
I am 8 days out from my TT. I also have a high pain threshold and have bounced back pretty fast from my open GBP and 3 c sections. I would say, for me, the worst pain was the first 3 days. On a scale of 1-10 I would say it was a 8 and now maybe a 3. I'm still taking pain meds but I am going much further in-between needing them then i was the first few days. Right now the worst pain is from the drains but other then that, I just feel tight from the swelling. No pain at the incision sights at all. It gets better every day. Everyone heals differently, but this has been my experience.

HTH!!

~AMY~
from 308 to 165 `~ 5 years post op and still keeping it off!!
Proud military spouse and Mom to 4 amazing kids!!

KeepOn
on 5/16/12 5:54 am
Amy,

Great to hear you are doing so well.

With regards to answering someones question about pain, a lot has to due with how a procedure was done ex. significant sewing together of muscle vs just skin removal, each individuals tolerance to pain, how well does a person handle pain meds, how much does an indiviual over do it or simply rest. 

When answering such questions it is good to give out this specific type of information. Just as Amy has.

I read of one person, afraid of getting addicted to pain meds so they didn't take as perscribed an endored the consequences.

Just words for thought.
LornaDoone33
on 5/16/12 11:45 am
Thanks so much for the responses.  Very helpful, Amy.   Best of luck as you continue to heal!

Lori

pagek77
on 5/16/12 8:31 pm
 I just had a breast reduction an extended tummy tuck yesterday. So far the pain hasn't been too bad but I'm taking Percocet every 4 hrs to stay ahead of the pain. I also have a high threshold for pain but except for the first time I got up from surgery, it hasn't been that bad. I've heard days 2&3 can be more painful so we'll see how today & tomorrow go.

I haven't moved from the recliner since I got home about 10 hrs ago because I came home with a catheter in. I didn't want that at first but it has been great not having to get up to pee. I go back in this morning to have it removed and also I think the drains in my breasts. I'll still have the drains for my tummy tuck for up to 2 weeks but they're not that painful, just a slight annoying pain if that makes sense.

Everyone is different though so I'm not sure how you'll feel. Good luck!

LornaDoone33
on 5/17/12 1:21 am
Thanks, Thien -- it's ver encouraging just to hear that you had surgery yesterday and are OK enough to be online.  That makes me feel a lot better.  I mean, I just want to have some semblance of normalcy.  Good luck with your recovery!!

Lori

pagek77
on 5/17/12 7:29 am
 I was actually online last night too in between naps once the anesthesia wore off. Yesterday I could barely walk but today it's much easier. I still wobble and take small steps but I don't need to hang onto anyone like I did yesterday.

I hope your surgery & recovery go well!
Most Active