swelling normal???

dommiepa
on 5/23/12 9:31 pm - Towanda, PA
I had corset trunkplasty and hip/outer thigh lipo debulking last wedensday (1 week out, woohoo), and my legs above the knee between the knee and where the body corset binder starts has swollen  badly.  My lower legs as well.  I am thinking it is probably normal, just figured I would ask.  go to post op appt tomorrow.

Yvonne.    To thine own self be true.     hw 432/ sw 352/ cw196.8/gw 200  RNY 8/11/10 Corsettrunkplasty & thigh lipo 5/16/2012.

godzilla
on 5/24/12 12:33 am - Israel
There is swelling but I think we are supposed to elevate our legs as much as possible. Check it out with your PS and if it is a problem I hope it is easily resolved!
Mikimi in Israel
Lee ~
on 5/24/12 4:10 am - CA
I had lots of swelling in the beginning.  My compression garment went down to my calves because I had a long thight lift.  I had a lot of lipo in my thighs.  I didn't even realize how swollen I was until a few weeks out when the garment started to get a bit looser. 

The garments that my surgeon gave me were from designveronique. com and worked miracles.  I had two sets so that I could wear/wash.  They are pricey but wonderful.  I had to wear them 24/7 for six weeks.  I think the compression makes all the difference in the world.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

dommiepa
on 5/24/12 5:55 am - Towanda, PA
the ones i have only o to above the knee, and i am so swollen they arerolling up horrible and cutting off circulation.  I wish they would have gotten the long one that go to the calves.

Yvonne.    To thine own self be true.     hw 432/ sw 352/ cw196.8/gw 200  RNY 8/11/10 Corsettrunkplasty & thigh lipo 5/16/2012.

pagek77
on 5/24/12 4:19 am
 Probably normal but it doesn't hurt to call today even though you have an appr tomorrow. Also ask them if wearing those post-op "circulation" stockings would help with the swelling, assuming you're not already wearing them.
dommiepa
on 5/24/12 5:54 am - Towanda, PA
I am already wearing them, and in between those and the corset binder above my knee is where it is swelled so bad.

pagek77
on 5/24/12 5:59 am
I felt toward the 6th and 7th day of wearing those stockings, my thighs that were uncovered from the binder to the top of the stockings were swelling too and also hurting a little. When do you get to take your stockings off? I bet once you get them off, the swelling will go down fairly quickly but you should definitely ask what to expect so that you know if you should be concerned or not.
dommiepa
on 5/24/12 6:25 am - Towanda, PA
I have a call into my surgeon to find out.

pagek77
on 5/24/12 6:44 am
Great! Seriously, if you have questions or concerns, just call them. The nurses at my PS's office are so nice and don't mind at all. I think I've already called them 2 or 3 times this week and I had an appt today. We paid a lot of money for these surgeries and there can be (rare) complications so if anything doesn't feel right, just call them. I'm sure people call all of the time. It just goes with the territory :).
Most Active