Not happy with results?

jennkitt
on 5/25/12 10:11 am - MI
While I love hearing all the positive stories, am I the only one not happy with my results? I had a Fleur Tummy Tuck 3.5 weeks ago. Should have had the LBL, but just went with the TT as insurance completely covered it, and timing with recovery and a move, new job coming up, etc. However, that's not event he part that bugs me, that is covered with underwear... the top part is horrible, it is as floppy as prior to surgery, with a big pouche...not even kidding.  The doctors said it was flat when they left the OR, but it must of slacked up... 
I find myself really bummed everytime I take the binder off to shower, take a look, etc. I feel like I will have to wear a shaper for the rest of my life to keep that pouch in.
The docs said it would be a "simple" procedure to go in and make my lovely T scar an H scar and tighten the area up a bit more, but that it would have to be after I've completely healed, 6 months at least....
At that time I will be in a new state, new job, etc.

Sorry for whining, but I feel a little pissy.... I wasn't expecting super model results by any means, but the thought of not being able to work out still for another month or so, the fatigue, pain, horrible scarring, etc. and then wanting to cry any time I look at my tummy....ugh.

Thanks for listening.....
Jenn

HW: 305, Consult: 285, Day of surg:261

Kellawanda
on 5/25/12 10:43 am
VSG on 06/04/09 with
 2 things -

1. check out your DRs website and see how his work normally turns out. If this is something that normally happens...you will see it on his other patients.

2. I hear it takes up to 6 months to see your "true results." Ive heard that so many times. So....keep that in mind. I pray it gets better for you.
www.youtube.com/kellawanda <---check out my vlog of my progress

VSG 6/4/2009: I'm 5'4",   HW 242,   SW 234,   CW 155.  Size 6 generally.

PS with Dr. Agha 5/14/2012 - LBL, Arm lift, fat transfer to (_:_) 
pagek77
on 5/25/12 3:08 pm
 That sounds awful! I'm sorry to hear that! Did you happen to take a look at it the next day because I've heard that's a good indicator of your final results before all the swelling kicks in? I really hope it's just going through some weird healing phase and like the other poster said, it can take up to 6 months to see final results, sometimes even longer. Good luck on your continued recovery!
godzilla
on 5/25/12 3:21 pm - Israel
The body takes time to heal.
Swelling and puffiness are normal up to a certain amount of time.
I tend to scar keloid and hypertropic.
I think everyone kvetches on the appearance of their scar shortly after.
Maybe take a pic one of the scar and every two weeks to see changes?
Mikimi in Israel
Jujuvee
on 5/25/12 7:01 pm
Honestly, I think it is possible for things to look better on the table. Sometimes revisions are necessary and typically these are not at your expense. I will be having revisions because both myself and my surgeon are not completely satisfied. Sometimes it just happens. I had 16.3 pounds removed at my elasticity was shot!!

Can you get a revision?

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

godzilla
on 5/25/12 7:43 pm - Israel
Jujuvee,
Question: is there a difference between Scar Revision and a TT Revision?
Due to keloid and hypertrophic scars and the healing from the gangrene, my PS will revise during Breast Lift and I am supposed to bring in my binder as well as the front closing sports bra.
Any ideas support welcome.
Mikimi
Jujuvee
on 5/26/12 4:49 am
Well I would think that if they are calling it a scar revision then they are only changing the appereance of the scar. I guess it just depends on the surgeon but most revisions would include retightening and or getting a better contour. In my case I have skin that loosened up and my surgeon wants to take care of it since I will already be under for a thighplasty and a breast lift.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

godzilla
on 5/26/12 6:01 am - Israel
I guess I'll only know for sure when I am called in for the rescheduled surgery. Originally it was to because few stitched real quick where the gangrene had been but now there is also the whole vertical scar from sternum almost down to bikini; and I'm told to bring my binder. No matter what I imagine it will be an easier recovery than the TT was. My PS said my surgery would take all day but I think he meant all day in terms of the hours allotted to the Plastics Department and not all day like GD Forbid a trauma case.
Mikimi
Debra Welker
on 5/28/12 12:07 am - Kaukauna, WI
I to have the same problem, I had my TT on May1st and also have a T incision, mine id floppy at the top and I have a purtruding pouch the size of my fist on the right side. My surgeon said it is fluid buid up and with time should go away. Im hopeing he is right, I have been putting heat on it and massaging it to try and break it up. Mine was really flat after surgery but has increasingly been getting a little disfigured looking. Keep us up to date on your healing, hope it goes away for you without revision.
peeches35
on 6/1/12 7:57 am
VSG on 04/03/12
I saw soething like this on youtube where a lady had a tummy tuck doc did not pull skin close enough and she had a belly hanging over the scare she sue and win he had to give her back the 10 grand she payed and had to have a second tummy tuck somewhere your doc made a dam mistake and you should go to another surgery and get a second opinion how things get better

SO INLOVE WITH MY SELF

Most Active