on 5/31/12 7:44 pm - Utica, MI
Ok I am 5 days until surgery. Last night it hit me hard. As I was laying
there in bed trying to sleep I kept thinking about the financial stress
I am gonna put on my family just to have this surgery. I know that my
husband does not care one way or the other what my stomach or arms
look like. He love me.

So that means that this is my fault that money will be really tight. So
when we cant get his window fixed in his truck its my fault. He would
never even think that, but I feel that way now.

I am just scared. I know that he has gone over the finances, he
 knows how much we are gonna pay every week to make the care
credit payment. He is a great provider, I just didn't really consider the
burden that this would put on him mentally.

Dani
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/12 12:01 am - CA
I feel for you on this post! I am also using care credit, and have little panic attacks about the cost of plastics...but for me, I know it's a now or never situation and I know I need this for my self esteem. I, too have guilt as my grandmother offered to co-sign for me as she said she wanted me to love my body. I really can empathize, but I still have 3 weeks to stress over my guilt. Good Luck on whatever you choose!!
Kim S.
on 6/1/12 1:08 am - Helena, AL
Are you employed too?  If not, can you get a job to help pay for it?  That may make you feel better.

dani02
on 6/1/12 2:28 am - Utica, MI
yes, I work full time outside of the home also. For a wonderful company who
are going to hold my job for me and give my a light duty when I go back in
two weeks.I know that if we could not do this that my husband would say no.
I just am stressing right now.

Thanks for the advice though

Dani
kb64
on 6/1/12 2:58 am - Clarksville , TN
I went through the same thing you are, but after my husband and I talked I decided that I have always put my family first in everything. This was the first time I was totally selfish about doing something for me. I am now 3 1/2 weeks out from TT and would do it all again. Im still thinking about the money but my husband loves the results and this was for both of us, even though he would have said it was unnecessary before I had the TT. I dont think he thinks that now. :)

HW 270/ SW 255/ CW 210/GW 180

MissCamp26
on 6/2/12 12:25 am
I know exactly how you feel. I have really struggled with feelings of guilt over spending this kind of money for something that is more about want than genuine need. Could I live with the excess skin? Yes, I could. Do I want to live like this? Absolutely not. I anticipated that the skin would be an issue and so I worked some extra jobs and saved up for a few years, but this will completely wipe me out. No matter how you slice it, $18,000 is a LOT of money. Like you, I am incredibly fortunate to have a  husband who is 100% supportive of my decision and I've been given nothing but encouragement from my family and friends. The only person who has doubts is me. :) In the end, I've decided that I am blessed to have the resources and I am going to move forward. People spend more than this on fancy weddings, and that only lasts a day. This is my opportunity to repair a defomity that causes me emotional distress every single day. I have worked so hard and I am going to take advantage of the opportunity that I have.

I hope you can come to some peace about your decision and that your procedures go smoothly.
dani02
on 6/2/12 5:49 am - Utica, MI
You have said this perfectly. Thank you for putting it into words for me.

Dani
jlyn412
on 6/4/12 3:24 am - Atlanta, GA
AMEN!

TT/TL/AL/BL with Aug 6/15/2012! Looking good so far!

MyLady Heidi
on 6/5/12 2:44 am
You can't put a price on happiness and feeling good.  When I was first married we went on our honeymoon and then didn't go on vacations again for many years, guess what we had no extra money saved from not going, when we started going every year it made no overall difference in the money we had yet we started to be able to take our son to Florida every year.  Give up latte's or something and you will make up the difference and never even notice the cost.  Obviously your husband isn't thinking about it this way, if he needed something done like Lasix and it cost $$$$ would you hesitate?  Probably not.
Most Active