dressings?

dommiepa
on 6/3/12 4:32 am - Towanda, PA
How long did you keep dressings over your incision lines after TT?  I am 2 1/2 weeks post corset trunkplasty and thigh lipo.  There are only 2 spot that are leaking, and the incision is still glued.  I just wondered how long you wore the surgical dressing/bandages over incisions after surgery?

I have 1 more week of compression on thighs and 3 more weeks of torso compression garment 24/7.  I will be soooo glad when I am done with the compression corsets.

Yvonne.    To thine own self be true.     hw 432/ sw 352/ cw196.8/gw 200  RNY 8/11/10 Corsettrunkplasty & thigh lipo 5/16/2012.

pagek77
on 6/3/12 6:18 am, edited 6/3/12 7:08 am
 I don't think I can help, but I would definitely call your Dr tomorrow just to confirm that's normal to still have 2 spots leaking and also that  it's ok to continue using dressings on your incision lines. I had a BR & TT and they've put new steri-strips on weekly (get them off week 3, in a few days) but I haven't needed to use any gauze or anything extra like that. When they removed my drains, the nurse put ointment on gauze and then put that against the drain openings, but after 24 hrs, she said I could remove the gauze but they didn't want me using any add'l gauze, ointments, anything. I think my Dr might be extra strict about stuff like that. Plus they might have different post-op care depending on the procedure and/or what kind of sutures/glue/etc. was used to close the incisions.

ETA: fix typos ;)
dommiepa
on 6/3/12 7:27 am - Towanda, PA
I have the glue, and they know about the open spots, it is common with the corset trunkplasty where the incision lines meet. One is about the size of a dime, and I am putting antibacterial ointment on it as they told me to.   The other is just leaking a tiny bit of fatty necrosis, which is normal.  I go back this friday for a 3 week check on my incisions. 

I never had any drains (surgeon does not use them). 

Yvonne.    To thine own self be true.     hw 432/ sw 352/ cw196.8/gw 200  RNY 8/11/10 Corsettrunkplasty & thigh lipo 5/16/2012.

pagek77
on 6/3/12 2:42 pm
 Ok, glad to hear this is normal and sorry I couldn't be of more help! I hope they stop leaking and close up soon though :)!
Angela S.
on 6/3/12 11:41 am
 I had a LBL and at one week out, I was told to not apply any dressings anymore.  I was glued also and they said it was sufficient. I had one small area that was opening up a little and i still applied taped just to that area to help it close. 

Good luck!

Most Active