Info On Tummy Tuck Please

Daspian
on 6/8/12 12:29 pm
Hello;
At three + years out of RNY I wish to have this skin removed from my belly. I lost about 140 pounds and have some skin, flab etc. that I wish to get rid of.
I know nothing about a tummy tuck, please fill me in on what happens etc.
I'm sure this has been ask a million times before but it's all new to me.
Will there be a big scar, and where will that be?
Any other info would be great.
Thanks,
David
kathkeb
on 6/8/12 2:51 pm
David,

it is probably different for men, but my tummy tuck incision is hip to hip at the pelvic line.

My doc cut there, and then cut out my old belly button.
He lifter up the apron of skin and tightened my abdominal muscles.
He made me a new (cute) belly button.

He lifted my mons pubis and left me with a flat, tightened stomach.
He also sutured vertically, so I have a slight '6-pack' ab look.

I had 3 consults before my first plastics procedure ...my arms and breasts and then used the same surgeon for the tummy because I love him!!
Kath

val28
on 6/9/12 5:39 am - amherst, NY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 03/03/08
my incision is also hip to hip. i had my TT 4 weeks ago and you can harly see the scar. he removed the apron and then pulled my abdomen down and relocated my belly button. he also did tighten my muscles. i am very pleased with his work. i was going to see 3 plastic surgeons, but was so impressed with the first one, that was all I met with. good luck

dommiepa
on 6/10/12 4:36 am - Towanda, PA
I had corset trunkplasty  (www.corsettrunkplasty.com) and am but from back side of hip to back side of hip along bikini line, up center to under breast line, and from bottom of shoulder blade to bottom of shoulder blade along bra line under breasts.  This tightened entire torso area.

Yvonne.    To thine own self be true.     hw 432/ sw 352/ cw196.8/gw 200  RNY 8/11/10 Corsettrunkplasty & thigh lipo 5/16/2012.

Most Active