bcbs ppo mi

Jamie Z.
on 6/13/12 11:27 am - MI

Has anyone been approved for any excess skin (most likely a panni removal in my case) through BCBS in Michigan?

MichiganGal
on 6/14/12 5:29 am - Tecumseh, MI
Contact Dr. Vincent DiNick, he is in Novi, 248-919-1100.  I meet with him and got a surgery date the same day because he's a BCBS provider and the excess panni skin removal does not need to be pre-approved.  I love his work and the staff.  Here is his website for more information.

Best of luck.

www.brooksideplasticsurgery.com
CalamityJane69
on 6/14/12 5:48 am
 Yes.  You need to check with your policy as coverage can vary and there can be  exclusions for PS from  your company.  My panni was covered and adding the extended tummy tuck was another $900.  My breast reduction was fully covered. I paid for my arms myself as I knew there was no way they would qualify.   The only criteria BC has is to have lost "about 100#" with WLS.  That was it for me..no rash, no pain, no nothing.    My loss was less that 100#.

Beware though and have nerves of steel as BC does not preapprove.  If you meet the criteria, you are covered so get a doctor whose office knows their stuff with billing.  I did get several EOB's from BC denyiing coverage on the tt that caused me great anxiety and sleepless nights but in the end they just playing a game and paid.
rhearob
on 6/19/12 7:47 am - TN
 I have BCBS of MI and they cover abdominoplasty if you have had bariatric surgery and have lost at least 100 lbs.  I am sure its policy specific so call and talk to them.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Most Active