Thigh lift pointers requested

TTBoogu
on 10/9/12 1:50 am - Nashville, TN
Good morning, I am curious for my people that are post op, have you had any cosmetic surgery done and any pointers you can give? I am going to a consult this morning and I'm anxious but nervous at the same time. What are some questions that I should go in? I am looking at having a thigh lift. I can live with my stomach, but I really want my legs done since this is where I carried most of my weight. I want to one day be able to wear a mini skirt. What is the recovery time? How long do I need to be off work for this procedure?  Any input and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Tammy TTBoogy

HW - 464/PW - 441.5/SW-428/PW - 211
HW= Highest Weight/PW=Weight I started Program/SW=Surgery Weight/PW=Present Weight

kathkeb
on 10/9/12 5:14 pm
Tammy,

I would suggest getting 3 opinions before you select a surgeon or a surgery.

You might find that you can get a lower body lift for close to the same price as the thighs alone and get a better result.

I have not had either surgery (breast lift, arms and tummy tuck), but lots of folks here have had lower body lifts which I prove the abdominal and thigh area.

I am sure others will chime in with more experience than I have.
Dr. Sauceda in Mexico has a very good reputation and very low prices compared to the US.
I think you can do a photo consult with him.

Good luck!
Kath

cleos_mom
on 10/9/12 10:22 pm - phila., PA
If your thighs have loose skin a LBL doesn't do much for it, you need a
MEDIAL INNER THIGH LIFT, chk out my photos. Truthfully I had everything done except my breasts.out of all my surgeries thighs was the worst, easy to walk no problem at all, sitting is the problem. You must keep the area very CLEAN n dry and the first 2 weeks take it very easy cause the incision can split. You are usually cut from knee to crotch area depending on how much skin u need removed, but with all said IT IS SO WORTH IT. Had my thigh lift 3 1/2 yrs ago, just recently I had a slight revision with some lipo in the bikini area, and it split again like last time, but its ok, I told the Dr. I LOVE THE RESULTS, I can wear a tight dress n there is no bulge
Good Luck to you
Susan
Laura in Texas
on 10/9/12 11:13 pm
How was your consult??

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

scalingback1
on 10/10/12 5:16 am - Mashpee, MA
 I am 3 weeks out from a lbl and medial thigh lift and am thrilled with the results so far. My weight was primarily in my butt and thighs and I knew either surgery alone would not be enough.  Many surgeons won't do them together but my surgeon suggested it- onr recovery, better price.  I agree that 3 consults gives you a good idea. I'd also look at as many pics as you can of before and afters with your body type and with thigh lift by itself and a lbl by itself so you can get an idea of how much improvement you will get. 
Good luck and let us know how your consults go. 

First goal reached at one year.    
 "What is, is. What will be, is what you make it."  Unknown

MissCamp26
on 10/12/12 11:00 am
I had an extended tummy tuck and medial thigh lift in mid-July and am thrilled with my results. I absolutely LOVE my "new" legs and my flat stomach. Recovery was pretty much what I expected. I spent two nights in the hospital and then was laid up for another two weeks. I could walk around my house and was able to climb stairs to my second floor bedroom, but most of my time was spent in my recliner. I did have a couple of minor complications (two tears in my groin incisions and an infection in one of the drain sites. That slowed the healing down a little, but nothing major. Once the drains were out, I felt a million times better and got stronger very quickly. The best advice I can give is to get as close to your goal weight as possible (for the best outcome), I also encourage you to exercise as much as you can before surgery. I went into the procedure in really good shape and my doctor said that made a big difference in my recovery. The bottom line is that recovery wasn't fun but it wasn't unbearable. I'd do it again in a heartbeat- the results were absolutely worth it.

I wish you all the best in your own journey and hope you have a wonderful outcome.
DrL
on 10/14/12 11:59 pm - Houston, TX
Here are a few of the thigh lift pointers I have learned from my practice and patients over the years:

Avoidance of sitting all the way down will help from stretching your incisions too much.  So get a toliet seat riser and consider leaning on a barstool for your meals.  An electric lift chair is also a real advantage and they can be had for under $100 a month. They let you rest in a neutral position and then help you get up.  Regular recliners require far too much bending to get out of.

See if your surgeon uses Dermabond (a glue) on the incisions.  This allows you to shower and clean right away, which is a huge advantage in preventing infection.

Garments that fit like panties or a gridle are a big hassle after inner or medial thigh lift because they always rub, don't allow easy removal, and don't breathe very well.  Consider using ACE wraps or Coban wrap for the first week or so.

My practice is to avoid medial thigh lift with other procedures because of the bikini incions and groin incisions all being in proximity to one another.  Wearing a girdle after TT or LBL is necessary, but as I mentioned it can be a hassle for inner thighs.

Best wishes and keep us posted !
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Most Active