Back incisions

Supergirl7877
on 12/13/12 11:20 am
I am 5 weeks out from my ps. I had a tt, bl/ba and a medial thigh lift. I really never had an issue with my back side....until now!

I don't know if it was the thigh lift or what but now anytime I am out of my garmets I am *extremely* aware of my cheeks touching my legs! The best way I can describe it would be like my apron hanging but my butt cheeks instead. I guess perhaps having the inner skin pulled tight i now have a butt crease i never had before. It isn't a huge overhang and iit doesn't look bad, but it is driving me bananas!

So, if you will, tell me about those incisions of the rear. How are they to recover from? What position do you sleep in?? I am guessing with so many 360s here y'all might have some awesome insight. I also wonder if it is an even quicker recovery than what I just had...

On a side note, I am going to give it till April to see if it is swelling and/or something I can live with. Otherwise butt lift and back skin removal here I come. I hope my husband is ready for those first few emotional days of recovery again!
Kim S.
on 12/13/12 9:21 pm - Helena, AL

I am a month and a few days from LBL and BL.  Honestly, the incisions were no big deal for me.  as long as I had my binder on, I was able to lay on them with no pain.

I am not the "typical" patient though....I am a super healer.  My incisions were completely healed by week 2, and I never really had any "oozing" from my incisions.  Just a bit at the drain site.

Supergirl7877
on 12/13/12 9:55 pm
Awesome. I am not a typical healer either. I kind of thought it would be so awful! I have returned to my running routine (slower at drs orders) and I can do push ups and pull ups almost as before surgery. Luck us!! . Thanks for the reply!!
Kim S.
on 12/13/12 10:04 pm - Helena, AL

I wonder if being a regular exerciser helps.  I too am back to running, weight lifting and can do push ups.  I tried a "downward dog" stretch the other day and it felt great.  When I go Tuesday I'm going to ask if I can resume yoga now.  Not sure when to start abs again...but I don't think I'm ready for that yet!

Supergirl7877
on 12/13/12 11:37 pm
I was in the best shape of my life going in. I don't know how anyone can survive otherwise! I had never had surgery before (no wls, I found OH looking for thigh lift tips) and I was terrified. My ps told me it would likely be months before I felt the same as I did pre op. I am so thankful he was wrong!!! I did absolutely nothing but walk circles in my house (and do my daughters hair) for three weeks. I also had huge seromas (filling to 250ccs + every other day)in both thighs (drains fell out) that had to be drained but just suddenly dried up (thank you God!)...I am so glad to be me at 5 weeks and I believe that is the only reason I would consider doing it again!

Ab work isn't too bad (though I wonder about the incisions on the back...). I get that "odd" feeling when I fatigue the muscle. It almost seems like they are cramping or something but it doesn't hurt. You get that too?? Doing the elbow to opposite knee has been the hardest. Oh! I was jumping with my children yesterday while dancing. We were pretending we had jump ropes. That is the first thing that has hurt....I jumped quite a bit then it started to hurt.

Yoga! I am totally calling to see if I can too!! Great idea.
Most Active