Question

lswaney
on 3/30/13 11:01 am - Whiteman AFB, MO

Had my anchor tummy tuck done yesterday and was told by my surgeon NOT to use the binder until I'm a week out.  I was wondering if anyone else did it this way?  I feel like I would get the swelling down faster with it on.  Anyone help me with this?  I'm afraid I won't get the best results this way.  Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

faedra
on 3/30/13 11:46 am - El Cajon, CA
I did not do that anchor cut but I did have excess skin removed. I thought the reason we use the biner is for the swelling.
presurgery weight loss for Kaiser  54 pounds         
HW 309            
Supergirl7877
on 3/30/13 12:42 pm
. I would bet this isn't your ps's first rodeo and he probably feels this is best. I am sure he wants you to have the best results possible and that is how he feels you'll get them.

On the flip...if you think the best option is to wear the binder put it on and see how you feel.
lswaney
on 3/30/13 1:19 pm - Whiteman AFB, MO

That's why I haven't put it on.  I trust them just wasn't sure why everyone else I know had to wear one.  I will ask on my 1 week apt if I can start wearing it 

bamabelle16
on 3/30/13 10:13 pm
Each dr has their own protocol. I had out patient lbl/fdl surgery and went home with a compression garment on which I wore 24/7 except when showering for 4 weeks. Now I only wear during the day. At night I wear gel zone silicone strips around my scars. I am 7 weeks out. I had minimal swelling, only had 4 drains, 2 were removed on day three, the other two on day seven. I am doing amazing! I hope you will be too! I am also getting physical therapy to relearn and activate my abdominal muscles as I had muscle tightening in both upper and lower ab region.
Tess145
on 3/30/13 11:53 pm, edited 3/30/13 11:53 pm - Senatobia, MS

I never wore a binder with my anchor tummy tuck and had obsolutely no problems.  My doctor feels that this help with the blood flow and less issue with tissue dying at the T-section.  I am having the back side done in less than 3 weeks and he does not want me to wear the garment until I am two weeks out from surgery at that time too.  I had great success with my first surgery with very little swelling, plus healing great.  I will bow to his expertise.  He did know best for me.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

lswaney
on 3/31/13 12:08 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
That's awesome news! Thank you ladies puts my mind at ease now. I have 1 drain and not much is coming out. My surgeon said I had minimal bleeding during surgery so she thinks it will come out on Thursday at my week check up. I also have a pain pump but don't really think its working right. Then again it could be and I would be in a lot more pain then I am at the moment. Thanks for your input! I appreciate it very much!!
Most Active