Medicaide denied me even with a referal from my primary

grneyedlady_71
on 4/30/13 12:23 pm - Saint Joseph , MO

Ok I've been having so issues with Loose skin and the sores and rashes that you all knows comes to well with fast weight loss. Medicade denied me saying it was cosmetic does anyone know what to do next? resubmitt? find a personal loan to cover my needs? this was for the abdominal Plastics  not to mention I will need my bat wings removed at some point any one have any advice for a newbie to plastics forum?

godzilla
on 4/30/13 3:26 pm - Israel
Welcome!
From what I have learned, no Primary Doctor should write the word Cosmetic but Reconstructive Surgery to bring the body to a more normative state.
Resubmit but have as much documentation of rashes and treatments of them.if dermatologist can add, all the better.
A lot depends on the wording. Panni surgery more likely to happen then bat wings.
Mikimi in Israel
Kim S.
on 4/30/13 10:48 pm - Helena, AL

Is reconstructive surgery for skin removal  covered by your plan?  If it is an excluded item, no amount of documentation will help.  If it is covered, then contact your carrier and get documentation of EXACTLY what is required to get an approval and follow it to the letter.

Most Active