LBL - 6 Week Update

RobynJC
on 7/18/13 12:48 am

Hello All!

Just got back from my 6 week follow up with my PS.  NO MORE COMPRESSION GARMENT!!!!  WOO HOO!!  Well, I can wear it if I feel some swelling (like at night or wear it to bed) but I don't have to wear it all the time anymore.  So excited.  The Marena garment I got was way better than the one I got from my PS, but still it sucked having to wear it in the 90 degree heat and humidity that has been hitting RI for the past month. 

I'm thrilled with my progress so far.  My scars are healing nicely, still an angry red of course, but they are feeling fairly flat.  The silcone gel I have been using has seemed to help and it definitely helps with the itching. I still have numbness, but that is to be expected.  And the contour is starting to show now that the swelling is residing.  The hourglass shape is nice.  I do hope it gets even better as I begin exercising again.  My little "two pack" abs at the top show, you can see the muscles contour.  Kinda blows my mind a little. 

The PS said that what I see now is pretty much the results.  It will refine a little more and exercising will help tone more.  I used to do a lot of ab work prior to the surgery, so getting back to that regimen will help and the results of that kind of work will be more apparent than before since I have a lot less fat/skin in the way now.  She gave me the clearance to do more for exercise now.  I can start doing some ab work and can start running again.  I had already started with resistance training in the non-ab area, so I can ramp that up too.  So now my task will be to get back at it and to get my routine going.  She wants me to wait 2 more weeks before doing anything very high impact (getting back to kickboxing will have to wait still) but a slow run is ok, not that I run that fast anyway.  

I've been working from home since 12 days out from my surgery but I will be going back to the office on Monday.  That will be a  nice change I guess.  It does get a little lonely doing things remotely, especially on days my husband goes into his office.  This past weekend, I went shopping and bought new clothes.  I went from an 10-12 to a 4-8.  All of my work pants especially needed to be replaced.  I got 5 new pairs to start with and even got a few dresses and skirts, which I NEVER wore before.  I figured, I would take this opportunity to redo my wardrobe with cuter, more stylish clothes.  Ironically, that sounds more fun than it is been because I don't have a whole lot of experience putting together cuter, stylish outfits.  But all those years of watching "What Not to Wear" is coming in handy.  I'm still very insecure about how things look though.  In the past, I have always dressed conservatively. I am trying to be a little more daring, but I also don't want to go to the opposite spectrum and look....well..... you know.  

So all in all, things are going very well.  I'm happy with the results.  Although in typical never happy fashion, I now really want to do my thighs, arms and breast lift.  But that will be next year, likely March timeframe, since I will be out of commission again and won't be able to run.  We are going to be doing the Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon in Sept, the Disney Wine & Dine 1/2 in Nov and the Run Disney 1/2 Marathon in January so not training/running at this point isn't really an option.  So anything else will have to wait till after January.  Patience isn't my best virtue, but I'll work on it.  :-)

Happy Thursday to everyone!  

kch_8888
on 7/18/13 1:30 am
Congrats to you! So happy for you. Can't wait to be 6 weeks out. Today is 1 week post op....and boy am I glad this week is over. Amazing results in terms of the size reduction! I have no idea what to expect. I was 175 at surgery and wearing a size 12. Your post was encouraging! Kacey
Southernsleever
on 7/18/13 2:57 am

Thanks for your update! Things sound great! Do you have any pics for us? 

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

RobynJC
on 7/18/13 3:24 am

I have some but when I try to upload, I get an error message saying my browser settings don't allow for paste.   I will see if I can figure it out

RobynJC
on 7/18/13 6:44 am, edited 7/18/13 6:48 am

I can't get the photos to upload to the thread, but they have been uploaded to my album.  If you want to see pics, go to my profile and look for the album titled "LBL".  I did put a password on it though (a little protection, I am in my undies afterall) and the password is "LBL" also (app caps)

Southernsleever
on 7/18/13 7:09 am
On July 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM Pacific Time, RobynJC wrote:

I can't get the photos to upload to the thread, but they have been uploaded to my album.  If you want to see pics, go to my profile and look for the album titled "LBL".  I did put a password on it though (a little protection, I am in my undies afterall) and the password is "LBL" also (app caps)

HOLY MOLY SISTER! You look fantastic! Did you have a thigh lift too? Your hips look fantastic and your tummy so flat! Please sprinkle some of your "excellent lbl results fairy dust" on me! 

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

RobynJC
on 7/18/13 9:40 am

I had some inner thigh lipo, my doc wouldn't do a lift at the same time because the skin would be pulling in opposite directions.  Thank you!!  There are times were I am like "woo hoo! I look great" and still other times when my fat girl comes out and says "nope, still fat".  

Surprising thing for me, my hips are much higher than I ever realized.  I always thought they were lower because my saddlebags were the widest part of me, I just assumed my hips were under there.  Turns out, my hips are much higher up.  Who knew. :-)

If I can sprinkle good luck, then I will definitely toss some your way!!!  

cowgirl64505
on 7/18/13 9:47 am - Saint Joseph, MO

I just looked at your photos and you look absolutely fantastic!   I didn't read your profile so I don't know how young you are, but I don't see any cellulite or sagging skin in other places.  You look young and fabulous!  Now go ahead and buy yourself a new sexy wardrobe because if you've got it, flaunt it!  :)

Robin

exohexoh
on 7/18/13 11:30 am - West Chester, PA

glad you're doing well too! i got a job offer today and start on the 5th so 2 more weeks of relaxing for me! (although i have my sister's girls while they're on their honeymoon so not too much relaxation the past few days!) i can't wait to go shopping. i haven't tried on any new sizes yet, but i'm still swelling like crazy. this humidity isn't helping i'm sure! and i've been sitting by/in the pool so i haven't been wearing my compression as much and my bathing suit bottom is a bit loose. i'm getting the what else do i want done bug. i wasn't even thinking of my arms until i saw the wedding pictures and i look so out of proportion now (i knew the boobs looked too big but not the arms!). you look absolutely awesome. i need to get to posting some more pictures myself! 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Cinn
on 7/26/13 2:22 am - MI

Congrats on your job offer!!!

RNY: 9/3/2008     LBL: 6/5/2013

Most Active