I DID MY FACE WORK. Now I have been transformed head to toe in 2013!

MyBariatricLife
on 2/8/14 11:16 am

Thanks so much ans congratulations on your weight loss! I wish you continued success in reaching your goals and fulfilling your dreams. Don;t let anything stand in your way!

The plastic surgery experience is amazing in a way that the weight loss surgery is not. At least tht is how it was for me. Sometimes I still cannot believe this body and face belong to me. The changes happen so quickly and are so drastic that it takes a while for your mind to catchup. I am so happy. 

My only regret is that I waited so long to do my WLS and my PS. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

PSoftGirl
on 2/16/14 5:20 am - Alpharetta, GA

Hiya MBL!  Just had a chance to post this as my %$#$% account has been unable to post replys for around a month.  Thanks for sharing the "befores" - they really help appreciate the "afters!" All i have to say is **freaking WOW!** that is amazing.

HW 366 (2004) * HW Pre-OP 271 (VSG) * CW 157 * GW 145

VSG - Dr. Paul Macik (Atlanta, GA) - 7/09

Post MWL Plastics with Dr. Peter Fisher (San Antonio, TX) 12/13

MyBariatricLife
on 2/17/14 11:29 am

Oh, thank you, thank you! I am so #^*&@#!! happy! Wow, Dr. Winslow's work just completely blows me away. She does the best I have ever seen!

Funny story --- I went to her practice last week because I had concerns about some scar tissue. First I met with Heather, whom is my aesthetician at Heather Brown Studios, and who is the darling woman that referred me to Dr. Winslow. Heather had not seen me since my surgery. When I showed her my areas of concern, she had me feel under her chin and the two areas on the sides of her face that I had concerns about. Long story short, I was not used to feeling the bones on the sides of my face or the tightness under my chin that is NORMAL because I had so much excess skin on my face for so long (owing sagging from massive weight loss). How hilarious is that?!?! I keep discovering all these things about my body, like bones I have not felt since I was a teenager/early 20s. 

Dr. Winslow told me to lightly massage my face as the vigorous massage I had been doing may be causing inflammation. The right side of my face is still swollen more than the left. I was VERY happy when she told me that the right side will look like the left side once I am a little further out from my surgery. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

pineview01
on 2/18/14 12:17 pm - Davison, MI

I so enjoyed reading your thread.  I just had my first PS, a face lift.  It isn't the worst area but, it is the one I can't hide with cloths.  It looks like it will be my last as I had a bleed two days after surgery and had to have emergency surgery to remove the blood that caused both eyes to swell shut.  They sent me straight to the ER as they internal bleeding was shutting down my air way.  I'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm just one of those "lucky" ones that if something can go wrong it will.  Now my surgeon won't do my inner thigh lifts.

As far as cost you really did good.  I will just tell what I was looking at before this.

My face lift was $7.5K (before the Second surgery as I will have to pay at least $60K as Insurance won't pay for PS related complications.  I saw 4 PS before going with mine the cost for the 3 US surgeons was close.

The Thigh lift and breast implants was going to cost $30K. I hadn't gotten a price on the bat wings yet.

You look so great!  Congratulations.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MyBariatricLife
on 2/19/14 5:57 am

First, I am glad that you are safe! But I am so sorry that you ran into these awful problems! I am scared that my luck will run out with my last surgery in regard to complications... it will be my 4th plastic surgery and I have not had any serious complications so far. I had excellent insurance before and so I was confident that they would cover me if something should go wrong. Now I have a crappy policy with a $10,000 deductible and I would bet they will not cover me if my elective surgery goes wrong. I honestly could not handle a $60k medical bill. I would try for charity care or claim bankruptcy. I wish you well with getting that resolved. 

I am not a medical professional but I do not see why one surgery with a complication should preclude you from getting your other surgeries. If it were me, I would get a second opinion. I bleed with my face lift but not with my body work. It was interesting because the day after my 6 hour body surgery, Dr. Capella told me that I hardly bleed at all. Two months later when I had my face work, Dr. Winslow said I was a bleeder. That is why I think that what happened to you doesn;t necessarily mean it would happen in a subsequent surgery.

Wow, $30k is a lot of money for a thigh lift and breast aug. Both my surgeons gave me very good prices. I had every single part of my body done for $25k, add maybe $3k to that for my upcomig surgery. And my face was about $14800 but she did a lot of work so that was a good price. 

So... maybe get a second opinion with a surgeon who will cost you less money and be able to deliver a safe surgery for you... just a thought...

Thank you so very much for your compliments. I am glad that you enjoyed my thread and I hope that one day you can complete your journey. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 2/28/14 9:59 am

Hilarious. I went to the BMV to get my driver's license in IN. I presented my passport for ID. But upon looking at the photo taken a few years ago, then looking to my face, then back and forth between the passport photo and my face a few times, the woman at BMV said, "This is you?" I laughed and gave her my driver's license, "Yes. Look here. It is me." She looked at my DL photo and said, "This doesn't look like you." She said it in the most polite and complimentary way. She beleived it was me, but was incredulous at how different I looked. She called her co-workers over to look at my "before" photos. Comments included, "Wow" and "You've lost a lot of weight" and various remarks about how stylish I am. Needless to say it was the best experience I have ever had at BMV. 

And... I am glad that I will not be showing up at the airport in 10 days with ID that does not look like me. TSA might not be as lenient as BMV!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active