I DID MY FACE WORK. Now I have been transformed head to toe in 2013!

MyBariatricLife
on 1/31/14 12:42 am

Last year transforming my entire physical self was such an unbelievable experience (some of it was great and lots of it out of this world bizarre). Let's talk about what was great. Today I am 1-month post-operative for my facial plastics and 3-months post-operative for my body lift (no tummy tuck), inner thigh lift, arm lift with flankplasty, and breast lift (no implants). I am nearing 9-mos post-operative from my tummy tuck, which is the surgery that started it all.

So now I have been transformed head-to-toe (well, to knee, really, LOL). I have to say that I am as shocked by the changes in my face as I am in the changes in my body. All of it is so unbelievably good!!! I selected two of the very best surgeons in the world - one is super talented in bodies (Dr. Joseph F. Capella) and the other is super talented in faces (Dr. Catherine Winslow). I look so gosh darn young now. THRILLED.

I posted pix and the results of my body work here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/4653714/Sur gery-yesterday-body-lift-thigh-lift-arm-lift-flankplasty/act ion,replies/topic_id,4653714/page,5/   All in all I have lost 36 pounds and 42.5 inches and I have gone down 5 sizes. I feel like I hit the jackpot with these surgeries and these surgeons - truly each an artist in their field. The things that Dr. Winslow, a top facial plastic surgeon, was able to do are amazing. I am still swollen and I have scar tissue but I look like I am in my 30s. I am turning 50 on March 18th and I hope to be healed by then, although a friend told me it takes 4-6-months. 

I was told to massage the scar tissue to break it up. Dr. Winslow's office gave me a device to massage the tissue for 5-10-minutes daily or more. Has anyone gone through this that can offer insights?

My total spend has been about $41k, exceeding my budget by $4k, and I have one surgery to go (breast implants). The fact is that both US board-certified plastic surgeons gave me very good pricing, especially considering their levels of expertise. But $41k is a lot of money no matter how you look at it. Was it worth it? For these results you'd better freaking believe it. As for the out of this world bizarre experiences, I shall try to leave them in the past. 

BTW I had conscious sedation/twilight sedation for the facial plastics and I woke up during surgery!!! I would not recommend doing surgery under this type of anesthesia. I know that I will never do it again.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

godzilla
on 1/31/14 12:43 am - Israel

I'm glad you are feeling well enough to post.
41K is a a lot but we each have what we feel we need to do to feel better about our bodies after being fat and excess skin.
Many if my friends just do not understand why I want and fight the Heakth System for my plastics especially when I have wound healing issues that occur for no logical medical reason. If I had more money I would be doing an inner thigh lift and saddlebags as I feel it would make a world of difference to be in my physical appearance and for choosing and buying clothes. But,alas my HMO committee meeting declared it to be cosmetic as well as many obese people have this. F the HMO as I am in Appeal.
As is the HMO medical committee decided the dog-ears and bra blubber left after my BL/BR is cosmetic and I'm in the middle if that revision as that was decided as only in Day Surgery with Local Anesthetic and each side seperately. Left was done 22/10/13 and Right is scheduled for 18/02/14. I paid out of oocket for Left 3,847 shekels and Right will cost me 4,000 shekels as of the lest phone verification but as the shekel is connected to the dollar.... I get Disability stipend from Israeli Social Security so I am working myself hard to earn this money as I feel I deserve this aspect of plastics for me.
Mikimi in Israel

MyBariatricLife
on 1/31/14 12:43 am

I do regret not trying to have this covered by insurance. I may have been able to get something towards it. But I was told by his practice that Dr. Capella did not participate with insurance and I wanted him specifically to do my body work. However, I later learned from patients that he does a pre auth for insurance and then the patient gets reimbursed through his office. I wish I had known that. I am trying to submit after the fact. Keep your fingers crossed for me. 

I am glad that you were able to get coverage for most of your work. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

godzilla
on 1/31/14 12:44 am - Israel

Many opt for private to begin with to avoid bureaucracy and get the surgeon they want.
If you fekieve in a Higher Being, pray that your honest work and needs of medical necessity be honored and GD a Willing you will be somewhat reimbursed.
Mikimi

MyBariatricLife
on 1/31/14 12:44 am

I do not. I once beloved in God but no more. Not after what torture my Mom, who was devote, has been going through for more than 12 years. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyLady Heidi
on 1/31/14 12:45 am

Gesh where are the face pics, I wanna see.  Did you do a makeover on your hair also?  That makes a huge difference.  I know I tried every color under the rainbow.

MyBariatricLife

I still do not receive notifications that you post on my topics. I guess the new site has some bugs!

Sorry but I don't paste clear photos of my face on the Internet. Just my clear photos of my naked T&A, LOL!  

When I got so small after my stage 2 body work back in October, my stylist had to change my hair. It was funny sitting in her chair she tells me how small I am, but I am not seeing it yet. So she tells me to look at how narrow her shoulders are and how narrow mine are. Then I saw it. I was as narrow as her. So she have me a narrow haircut. She flat ironed it and she did highlights and bangs and I love love love it. 

You have my email addy. Ping me and I gladly will send some pix. Dr. Winslow did a great job. I am still healing. I have areas where there is scar tissue under the skin that I use a massager on daily. The biggest patch is under my chin but after using the massager a few times I can really feel the difference! Did you have anything like that?

what I have been exploring with is makeup. It is amazing how little makeup I need to look nice now. I can even go out without any. It seems my former way of doing makeup just doesn't fit my face anymore. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyLady Heidi

The only scars I have are behind my ears and in the back of my hairline, I only had my neck skin lifted not anything else so there is nothing to message. 

I guess I don't understand not posting your face pics.  Who are you hiding from?  The topless  nudes I would never post.  There is not a nude pic in existence of me online.  But my face the world sees everyday, that doesn't embarrass me.  I guess I am confused by this, aren't you a professional blogger?  Not that you should post pics that make you feel uncomfortable..

MyBariatricLife
on 1/31/14 12:46 am

I hide my identity online, even when I blog. So my name and my face are not "out there." There is too much risk. Even taking these precautions I have had some rather uncomfortable encounters via email. What's more, in my professional life I am fairly well known in my industry, and it is a conservative industry. So I don't really want my professional contacts seeing my face online and then finding all my nearly nude pix and reading all of the very personal info that I put out there. I like the privacy that anonymity provides. Maybe I will change my mind one day, but that day is not today. 

As for my nudes, I typically black out my juicy bits.

But thanks for asking and for your interest! I do appreciate it. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 1/31/14 12:47 am

Well, I created an album for my facelift. Every time I try to upload photos to it, the system uploads the photos but they never appear in my album. I hate the new photo uploader, which seems to work only half the time, and haphazard layout of the photos within the album. I liked to arrange my photos sequentially to show the transformation over time. Now the photos are scattered all over the place.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active