Any favorites for post breast lift with augmentation bras?

Djmohr
on 2/3/17 1:57 pm
RNY on 09/29/14

Hey everyone,

I am going to be purchasing a couple of new post surgical bras. The one the surgeon gave me sucks. It is too small and everytime i wa**** i swear it shrinks. 

There are two favorite times for me, the minute i take it off and then the minute i put it back on. LOL....It is relief for a few minutes on either side.

I have ordered a new Marena post surgical bra and that looks like it has been support and might be more comfortable. I am finding that i get sore at the incision under the breast. I am currently using BioCorneum and that definately helps but if there are other tricks and tips for breast care post surgery that would be helpful.

In addition, i have a few questions for folks tha already went through this. I have a lot of chest wall pain, mostly at the sternum area. I am told this is normal, I am wondering how long it lasts about? 

Are they're things that you did that really helped with swelling?  My breasts are the only things in swell hell. I ice them many many many times day and night and although the ice helps in the moment, the minute you remove it, the pain comes back from swelling. Also, I have been especially careful about eating anything salty.

Are there other things that could help with this?

sonnieN
on 2/6/17 6:43 am - grand rapids, MI

My surgeon just told me to buy some sports bra's to wear instead of the surgical bra. I found a couple at Target I think that looked like regular bra's but no underwire or anything and had the clasp in the back so I didn't have to do the one piece that goes over your head. They worked well for me.

Can't help you on the others since I really didn't notice any pain in my breast. Maybe it's because I also had my thighs done at the same time and that pain was the main focus. 

DrL
on 2/14/17 1:55 pm - Houston, TX

We use the Marena adjustable, but truthfully not every bra fits everybody well !  Ill OK a sports bra or even a non-underwire bra after a week or so (depends oi the surgery) if my staff or I can check it and be sure it does what we want and doesn't irritate the incisions. Flexibility is key here, so keep your surgeon in the loop !

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Djmohr
on 2/14/17 6:16 pm
RNY on 09/29/14

LOL. I purchased 2 different Marena bras. I just think I am having a lot of nerve issues and that is causing my skin to feel as if it is raw when in fact it is not. I also have a lot of pain in the muscles even after 3+ weeks. I saw my surgeon and she said everything looks good, I just happen to be more sore than most in the breasts. I told her the lift and augmentation is way more painful than my full abdominalplasty. I had them all done at the same time and the TT was really bad day 1 and 2 but it has been a complete piece of cake in comparison to the breast pain.

She laughed and said I am an opposite....most people complain about the pain from the TT.

Thanks for your response....I am going to buy a real bra this weekend.

DrL
on 2/14/17 6:27 pm - Houston, TX

Yes...usually patients don't notice the breast....did you have  pain pump for the TT ?  For patients with sensitive skin, we use a cotton roll (about $13 on Amazon) .  You can fashion patches of it to place on the breast, which totally prevent the bra from rubbing on the skin. Soft, absorbant, and keeps the ski dry. This is what we used to put under casts back in the day (yeah, I'm old!) 

Added benefit is it's great for a Santa Clause beard, art projects, fake clouds, or your tabletop winter wonderland if you celebrate that.

Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Djmohr
on 2/14/17 6:36 pm
RNY on 09/29/14

I did have a pain pump for my tummy. Even now though maybe just a bit of discomfort if I move too fast or the wrong way. My breasts however hurt no matter what I do. For me it is my sternum, the tops of my breasts and underneath.

I was a 38C and had lost 152lbs so there was basically little breast tissue. We put in 350cc moderate plus silicone so I dont think that they are too big, I just think my muscles are really tight and that is what is causing so much actual pain.

DrL
on 2/14/17 7:09 pm - Houston, TX

Muscle spasm (sharp, shooting, and made worse by arm and shoulder movements) is not treated effectively by narcotics...you would need  a muscle relaxer.  Common in cases like your where the muscle was stretched a lot.  Implants usually just cause a dull, achy, heavy, or tight sensation.  Talk to your doc if you feel spasms are your problem.

Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
katzmeow13
on 4/6/17 7:23 am

Keeping ice on too long will end up having a rebound effect. You may be better with shorter but more frequent applications.

i just had a breast reduction 5-6 days ago.

my'seam' opened up at the t junction under the breast... told/research shows this can happen in more than 50% of the cases.

Simple polysporin and gauze... there is no infection, they will not resuture... it will heal on it's own from the inside out.

i still have to stay on top of my meds. If not I end up over a 7 and it can take over an hour to get the pain back down to manageable.

i ended up in a fruit of the loom, front closure bra.

good luck to you

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

Crazeru
on 4/7/17 4:02 pm

You can wear a very thin stretchy camo under the bra or garment. It will help so that the garment doesn't irritate the skin. I had marks on my skin from my garment rubbing for months after I was out of it. If the garment is a little too big after some of the swelling goes down, soft wash clothes, socks can be place inside to help.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Djmohr
on 4/7/17 4:21 pm
RNY on 09/29/14

Thanks! I am well past this point now thank goodness and again able to wear a wired bra. No longer in compression or surgical bras thank heavens.

Most Active