Fajitas

cctweetie
on 6/22/11 11:45 am
VSG on 02/28/12
I've been at my new pre-op diet journey since June 2, 2011. I have to admit that I'm getting tired of the protein shakes and bars already but I used my first bundle from Weight Wise and I get to choose different flavors this next go round.

Tonight I had chicken fajitas. Ok not in the complete traditional sense but I had a 5 oz skinless chicken breast that we had previously grilled vacuum packed and frozen.

Using no fat cooking spray we sauteed up some red onion, green and red peppers and a few mushrooms to make up my 2 servings of veggies. Then we cut the chicken breast into strips and added it to the pan. I made guacamole from 1 avocado and 1/4 salsa with a teaspoon of lime. According to my food list I can have 1/4 guacamoli (although I'm not sure my little recipe fit the bill. I will ask my dietician.)

Once the veggies and chicken were heated through and seasoned we put it on the plate with my 1/4 guacamoli for my fat and 1 T lowfat sour cream (freebie).

This was really a great to get those flavors I was missing.
CCTweetie
Give thanks for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow.  ~Fernanda Miramontes-Landeros

jlmartin
on 6/23/11 5:25 am - Random Lake, WI
I generally consider foods to fall in 3 categories:

Safe: which has things like the onions, peppers, and mushrooms.  Nobody ever got obese eating these so I never keep track.

Caution: Foods that are calorically dense or easy to eat too much : Chicken, bread, potato, corn, cheese, etc.  These are things and should be measured.

Dangerous:  The foods that "make you fat" like oils, sweets, nuts, cream, and even guacamole (being mostly fat).  Measured, logged, and consumed in appropriate amounts.

The thing I remember about the shakes was the doctor said "find one you like" so I did.  Right after surgery I realized that there is a big difference between like and "like enough to have 3 times a day"  Syntrax Nectar was my savior.

Most Active