Looking for a Recipe for...

Ms_Teacher28
on 6/19/13 2:02 am - MN

A homemade protein bar. I've looked on some websites, but everything is oatmeal based (not like I'm against that, I'm just looking for other options). I spend a lot of money on protein bars, and I thought it would be good for me to learn how to make my own.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Thank you,

Ms. Teacher

Tammy B.
on 9/12/13 2:25 am - Canada

I made black bean brownies with an extra scoop of protein powder tossed in....not protein bars...but i cooked them very thin, and froze individual small pieces and its the great to take as a quick pick me up thaws fast and has alot of protein.  Im sure if you experiment you will come up with some great combos.

momjan
on 2/1/14 1:54 pm, edited 2/1/14 2:09 pm - Canada

Cinnamon Orange Energy Bars with Orange White Cacao Frosting

(Makes 28 2 x  4″ bars)

• 1 cup almond butter or peanut butter
  • 6 dates, soaked and rinsed
  • 1/4 cup date water (from soaking dates)
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1 orange, juice and zest from
  • 3 tablespoons raw, organic agave nectar or other liquid sweetener (optional)
  • 1/2 cup chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup hemp seeds
  • 1 cup pumpkin seeds
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 3 cup raw oat flakes or quinoa flakes
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 2-3 tbsp dark cocoa powder - optional

1. Combine the almond butter, dates and date water in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend or process until smooth. 

2. Remove to large bowl and stir in coconut oil, orange juice, orange zest and liquid sweetener. Stir. 

3. Add the remaining ingredients. 

4. Roll out mixture between 2 sheets of parchment paper to 1/4″ thick. Remove to drying racks and place in oven (no heat!) overnight to dry. You can also leave them out on the counter but I have dogs. 

5. Frost with White Cacao Orange Glaze if desired.

Orange White Cacao Glaze

• 1/2 cup raw cacao butter
    (not coconut butter)
  • 2 tablespoons raw, organic agave or liquid sweetener of choice
  • zest from one orange (about 2 tablespoons)
  • or 1/2 cup light cream cheese
  • 2 tbsp powdered sweetner of choice
  • zest of orange.
  • Process as the cacao icing.

You can use any combination of seeds for the bars; I used what I had...chia, hemp and chopped almonds.

original recipe from www.rawmazing.com

Most Active