Clean and separate floretts

Mix all other ingredients in bowl

Add cauliflower toss to coat

Place on foil lined pan

Roast in a 400 degree oven until done.

BookOwl
on 11/22/15 2:14 pm

Pumpkin Fluff:

1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filler)

1 package instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix

1 tub sugar-free whipped topping

1-2 scoops vanilla protein powder

Pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon

Mix everything together in a large bowl, Refrigerate

msdw59
on 11/22/15 4:06 pm

I've been using this recipe for a while  But, stumbled across this version while searching for recipes for the holidays.  The original recipe was from Dr. Mary Ann Niemczura author of  "A Past Worth Telling"  I've been following this recipe for years but as with all recipes you adapt, and make it your own. If you don't like one of the ingredients; please feel free to make changes and substitutions.  No matter how you mix up this recipe it's always good and can be made throughout the year.  Enjoy :) 

Ingredients:

one mother
one father
two or more children
several relatives
many friends
dogs & cats 
fish swimming in the fish tank and fed ahead of time
apron(if cooking at home)
oven mitts(if cooking at home)
appropriate oven utensils
festive tablecloth on the table
cloth napkins
one or more vehicles
love, hugs, kisses, laughter, memories

1. Follow directions provided with all the ingredients if preparing the meal at home or follow the directions listed below, if not cooking at home.

2. Pick up family members at the airport. Give directions to the house to relatives and friends.

3. Shop for all the trimmings for the Thanksgiving meal or meet at the restaurant. Add generous amounts of kisses, hugs, smiles, love, laughter, good memories, sleep and walks together.

4. Enjoy the meal together, take naps as needed and watch television as needed. Visit with everyone and catch up with what is going on in their lives.

Remember to laugh and smile for these truly are the sweetest days.   :) 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  
sncedarcreek
on 11/22/15 4:50 pm

This is even good cold as a snack!

Caramelized Cauliflower

When you roast cauliflower, it becomes tender and lightly caramelized and has none of the strong cabbagelike odors that usually develop when it is boiled or steamed. Cauliflower is a late-harvest vegetable. Choose snowy white or pale yellow heads free of blemishes.
Ingredients:
1 head cauliflower, about 1 1/2 lb., cored and
 cut into florets about 1 inch in diameter
2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
Directions:
Preheat an oven to 400°F.

Arrange the cauliflower florets in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the florets, then sprinkle with the salt. Toss to coat the cauliflower evenly, then spread the florets out evenly.

Roast the cauliflower, stirring 1 or 2 times, until golden brown and crisp-tender, 25 to 35 minutes. Transfer the cauliflower to a warmed serving bowl. Serve immediately. Serves 4. 

grammy04
on 11/23/15 2:10 am

I love this Cranberry Orange relish...

one bag of fresh cranberries

1 to 1 1/2 navel oranges

couple drops of lemon juice

stevia (to taste)

Add all to food processor and pulse till small chunks. For me, this is better than canned cranberry sauce and is delicious with cottage cheese!

tmysmth1
on 11/23/15 4:31 am

Broccoli Casserole.                                                                                                                                 Cook Broccoli, add equal parts sour cream and cream of chicken soup, mix together and pour in oven safe dish. Cover with croutons and bake until edges start getting a little brown. Very good

wyo_sarah
on 11/23/15 8:09 am

I love turkey! I cook my turkey low and slow at 250 degrees. I usually put it in about 4 in the morning and take it out around 1. I rub the skin with butter and herbs...usually garlic, Rosemary and thyme. I put a whole onion cut into quarters, a few carrots and some celery and more herbs in the cavity and then pour half a bottle of white wine in too. I cover it with a brown paper bag. During cooking, I occasionally pour in more wine or add more butter.

Quartercrazy604
on 11/23/15 8:55 am

Old fashioned deviled eggs. 

Boiled eggs - yolks, hellmanns mayo, mustsrd, vinegar, lawrys seasoning salt topped with paprika yum

Gjdev
on 11/23/15 9:24 am - Woodward, OK

Stuffing! Yellow squash, cauliflower, turkey sausage, fresh herbs!!! It's awesome! 

fritsanpdx
on 11/23/15 12:03 pm

Turkey enchiladas with pineapple salsa

Most Active