Let's Talk Turkey Giveaway, $250 value

funny_face
on 11/23/15 1:34 pm

My favorite recipe is Broccoli Casserole                        1 cup of mayonnaise

2 pkgs Broccoli                                                            1-1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese

2 eggs                                                                         1 cup bread crumbs

1 onion                                                                         1 can cream of celery soup

Combine all ingredients, except bread crumbs, in a large mixing bowl:

pour into a buttered  dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs over top

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

Sparklegigi
on 11/23/15 3:40 pm - La Verne, CA

Maple Roasted Butternut Squash & Carrots

Ingredients

3 Carrots
1 Butternut Squash
2 tablespoons Olive oil
2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
salt & pepper

Directions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Peel and chop carrots and squash into one inch pieces. Remove seeds from the squash as well. Toss with olive oil and maple syrup and then place on a large baking sheet. Season with the nutmeg, salt & pepper to taste. Roast for 20 minutes and turn. Roast for another 10-20 minutes until tender and brown around the edges.

This is one of my favorite easy side dishes! The maple adds a little sweetness and the veggies come out crisp around the outside and creamy inside. So simple and yummy!

Lynn B.
on 11/23/15 5:59 pm - San Antonio, TX

This is my favorite Thanksgiving recipe.

CRUSTLESS PUMPKIN PIE

(Makes 8 servings)

Ingredients:

15 ounces pure pumpkin

12 ounces evaporated skim milk

3/4 cup Egg Beaters (original)

3/4 cup Splenda Granular

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp. ground ginger

1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg

1/8 tsp. ground cloves

1/4 tsp. salt

31 grams (8 crackers/same as 2 full cracker sheets) low fat honey graham crackers

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Spray pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.

Mix all ingredients until well blended, then pour into pie plate.

Turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 degrees, and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center of pie comes out clean.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1/8 of pie

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 88        Calories from Fat 11

Total Fat 1.2g

Saturated Fat 0.3g

Cholesterol 2mg

Sodium 190mg

Total Carbohydrates13.3g

Dietary Fiber 1.7g

Sugars 7.7g

Protein 6.8g

Patricia D.
on 11/24/15 4:02 am - Lilburn, GA

Would like this very nice

Chanti_
on 11/24/15 6:50 am - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

My new favorite comfort food for the Fall...  Low Carb Shepherd's Pie!

LOW CARB SHEPHERD'S PIE - WITH CAULIFLOWER MASH

PREP TIME
20 mins
COOK TIME
30 mins
TOTAL TIME
50 mins

INGREDIENTS
Shepherd's Pie
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 red onion diced
500g mince beef or lamb
2 cloves of garlic
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
1 beef stock oxo cube 
3 carrots grated

Cauliflower Mash Topping
1 small or ½ large cauliflower cut into pieces
50g butter
25ml double cream
salt and pepper to taste
50g grated cheese of choice

INSTRUCTIONS
Shepherd's Pie
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the red onion and garli****il cooked, but not browned.
Add the mince and stir until it is all cooked.
Add the beef stock, tin of chopped tomatoes and grated carrots. Mix.
Reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes while making the cauliflower topping. Let the liquid evaporate so the mince thickens.

Cauliflower Topping
Boil the cauliflower until soft, this takes about 8-10 minutes.
Drain and allow all the steam to escape. Too much water left in the saucepan will make a 'sloppy' mash.
Add the butter, salt, pepper and cream. Using a stick blender with a blade attachment, puree until smooth.
To Assemble.
Place the shepherd's pie mince in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Top with the cauliflower mash then sprinkle on the cheese.
Put the casserole dish on a baking try to catch any liquid that may bubble over.
Bake at 180C for 20 minutes and until the cheese is browned.

I found this recipe on the Ditch the Carbs website.  I only altered it slightly and used ground turkey instead of ground beef as it's what I had on hand, and subbed the beef stock for chicken.  Turned out great. Took it to a potluck at work.. not a scrap was left.  As I was making this dish for others I used full fat cream, but I'm sure you could sub in half and half, and a light cheese. Oh and I put a tin of peas in mine... But that's just how I like it.

Aleyna1228
on 11/24/15 3:31 pm

My favorite has been white chicken chili. 

Age- 35 | 5'4" | Surgery VSG - 9/21/15

Highest/Consult- 250 | Surgery- 235 | Current- 143 | Goal- 145 |

| M1-22 | M2-10 | M3-13 | M4-13 | M5-13 | M6-10| M7 - 8| M8- 3| Total Lost - 107|

Reached goal in 7 months 1 week and now maintaining!

Deanna798
on 11/24/15 5:37 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

I love desserts for the holiday, and this year I'm making this (it's in the oven right now)

Sugar Free cheesecake

Beat cream cheese until creamy, add sour cream and pumpkin puree and beat until well blended.  add eggs one at a time until combined well.  then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth.  

Pour into the pan over top of the pecan crust below.  Bake at 375 degrees for 38-40 minutes.

Pecan Crust

1/2 stick of butter melted

2 - 1/2 cups of pecans

2 tbls splenda

dash of cinnamon

combine in a food processor and grind until desired consistency. press into the bottom of pan and bake @ 350 for 10 minutes.  Let cool before filling with cheesecake mixture.

both recipes taken from Food.com.  The cheesecake recipe was modified to add pumpkin. Links to the original recipes are here Cheesecake and nut crust

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Most Active