Low Carb Pasta Alternatives

Eggface
on 10/8/16 4:56 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Hope this helps those of you like me who have given up pasta post op: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2016/10/weigh t-loss-surgery-friendly-low-carb.html 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

ttfan
on 10/8/16 9:50 am
RNY on 08/15/16

I was looking at these recipes this morning and they look yummy!  I just have a little hand held spiralizer and I used it a lot!  I love zoodles, I haven't made any since surgery because I am new out and can't eat very much, but before surgery I ate zoodle everything, I love lo mein!  Thanks for all of your wonderful recipes I have tried many!

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 11:49 am
WLS on 10/18/11

I'm looking to start trying this. What do you think of your little hand held one? Is it worth the purchase? I'm thinking of trying one of those instead of jumping into the larger much more expensive one's just in case it doesn't get a lot of use.

ttfan
on 12/9/16 11:00 am
RNY on 08/15/16
On December 8, 2016 at 7:49 PM Pacific Time, Brandi Girl wrote:

I'm looking to start trying this. What do you think of your little hand held one? Is it worth the purchase? I'm thinking of trying one of those instead of jumping into the larger much more expensive one's just in case it doesn't get a lot of use.

I love my little hand held one, it was only 10 bucks and I have used it a ton, it is very easy to use, I would use this one before I spent the bucks out for the big one. If you are only cooking for yourself or 1 other the big one to me is a waste

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Brandi Girl
on 12/9/16 4:59 pm
WLS on 10/18/11

Yes that is kind of what I was thinking. Why spend so much on one when it is only the two of us. I'll have to look for a hand held one as a Christmas gift for myself 

SkinnyScientist
on 10/12/16 6:17 am

Right now Kitchen aid spiralizers for their stand mixers are on promotion for 119 bucks (normally 150).

I splurged....and bought one (waiting for it to arrive). Hubby and I have burned through 2 hand crank spiralizers (I think it was called vegetti or something like that).

Your pics are so pretty in that article.

Keep inspiring us Egg Face!

Much love,

Skinny

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

SkinnyScientist
on 10/12/16 6:18 am

Dumb me. The spiralizer attachments can be purchased at william sonoma!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/17 5:43 am

I have found that looking for healthier alternatives of pasta the easiest way to curb my cravings! . I just search for healthy alternatives of pasta on google!! Especially pesto gnocchi, so after a quick search online I found pesto kabocha gnocchi, had to google again to find out what this was, FYI fancy name for pumpkin.

Apparently homemade kabocha gnocchi is much healthier than regular potato! Took me a while to master, making it but I am a pro now, it literally takes me 25 minutes from getting home to having a delish pesto gnocchi on the table!

Another favorite pasta alternative is black bean spaghetti, its 92% black beans and water, its soooo yummy!

Most Active