any recipes for fruit dip

canadianblues
on 8/23/04 6:20 am - Perth, Canada
would anyone have a recipe for a creamy( like whip cream) dip for fresh fruit. thank you, Dannette
sammyglo
on 8/26/04 2:50 pm - Hobart, IN
this may not be what you are looking for, but i made it and it's good. i mix sour cream (fat free) with splenda (as much as you like to taste good). just mix them together and chill. it's good. i used to do this with powdered sugar, well, until i had surgery. i used to top cheesecake with it. Yummy!!! another tip. try the cheesecake recipe on the back of the splenda bag. i made it the other night and it was yummy. i added key lime juice and no crust. i topped it with the sour cream/splenda mixture after i baked it. i had no problems getting it down and it lasted a while in the fridge!!
Mama Bear
on 8/29/04 2:16 am - Dallas Area, TX
I don't know how well you can tolerate honey - or if you like it, but I add a squirt or two of honey and a packet or 2 of equal to carton of plain or vanilla yogurt. I adjust the sweetening (honey & equal) to taste. Anytime I've prepared a fruit tray, it's been a big hit. RK
Lexie M.
on 9/1/04 9:57 am - Wasilla, AK
You could add a packet of SJ jello (powder) to a container of cool whip and mix it real well. There isn't much sugar in cool whip and the jello makes it delicious!
DeniseV
on 10/20/04 2:55 pm - NH
Hi Dannette! I have an awesome recipe for this. You will love it! Take 8 oz of fat free cream cheese 1 and 1/2 cups cool whip lite (I don't like cool whip normally but it works good in this recipe) *see note below 1/4 cup splenda powdered sugar juice of one lemon, freshly squeezed 2 TBLSP of pineapple juice 1 TSP of real vanilla extract Whip all of these ingredients together and I promise, you will have a fruit dip to die for. Keep it cold at all times. A pretty garnish would be some zest off of the lemon you juiced (be sure to zest it first), along with w chunk of pineapple on the side of the container in which you are serving the dip. By havig the zest and pineapple chunk, you are telling people that these two ingredients in there. After everything is combined, you may want to adjust the sweetness. Add more splenda if desired. *note about whipped cream. YOu can easily make your own and I do some times. If I am in a rush, the cool whip lite works fine. BUt the homemade is just delicious! The fat content is higher, but keep in mind this makes a lot of dip. WHen you break it down into the amount you would be having, it isn't that bad at all. one cup heavy whipping cream. 1/4 cup splenda crystals Using an electric mixer, beat the ingredients until the cream becomes fluffly. Taste. Add more splenda if needed. This is also delicious with a teaspoon of real vanilla extract (optional...especially if you are making this for the fruit dip, as there is already vanilla in there). Careful not to beat too much; you don't want butter! As soon as it appears to be close to ready, this is when you taste it. The reason being: if you need to add more sweetner, you will need to beat it again. The final product should have real soft peaks when you stick your beater in, remove it and hold it up-right. The peak should just fall over. Let me know if you make this and how it comes out! Hugs, Denise
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/04 8:28 am - Edmonton, Canada
Here is a recipe that my mother always uses. She is very health minded. She uses lite cool whip and fat free flavoured yogurt. Any flavour you desire. I personally prefer raspberry or strawberry versus some others. Mix two parts cool whip to about one part yogurt. Make it to taste. It is really good...... Hope that helps! Carrie
raqfish
on 10/15/05 11:06 am - Anne Arundel Cty., MD
Hi, Danette: When I was doing the Body For Life diet (equal parts complex carbs and protein), this was one of my favorite breakfasts (and still is!): 1 c. cottage cheese Splenda to taste (I usually put in 3 to 4 packets) 1/2 to 1 tsp. vanilla extract or vanilla paste (paste at Trader Joes) Blend together in food processor until creamy; when you blend a little longer, air gets whipped in and it's even lighter. I usually eat it with sliced granny smith apples, bananas or blueberries, but I imagine it would be great with any fruit. This is a good way to get in some protein, too! Enjoy! Love, Raquel
Most Active