Lapband 11/2007---RNY 09/2011....Happy I Think?

plp1988
on 9/15/11 12:17 pm
Per my topic.  Happy and very excite to have the revision surgery, feeling great THANK GOD no complication, but it seems like I am hungry every hour or two. Just started stage 2 today I thought eating  foods that are a little heavier I would feel full a little longer especially with drinking the protein, I felt like this on stage 1 with the liquids. I am a scared that I might eat to much, but on the other hand I was wondering if maybe I am not eating enough to started with. I go back to the doctor on Monday, but for now if anyone could offer some suggestion or advice.Please give suggestion or advice I would appreciate.
mjst220
on 9/16/11 3:43 am

What are you revising to? I am in the same boat. I had lapband in June 08 and have a RNY surgery date for 11/2. Best of luck to you!!!

Caryn W.
on 9/16/11 6:09 am - Las Vegas, NV
I wish I could help you out....as I just had the same procedure. Revision from Lapband to Rny...I am still on FULL liquids until my follow up on the 27th of Sept.
I have been drinking LOTS of water...and I drink my protein shakes for protein...sometimes i have jello and soup. But...for the most part...i stick to the water and protein.     I sip water ALL day...out of fear of getting dehydrated...
Caryn W.
on 9/16/11 7:47 am - Las Vegas, NV
Might try buying a good food scale...and weighing out the amount you are aloud to consider your MEAL. like 4 ounces of puree tuna (Example) , or whatever. Maybe then you will have a good feeling of being full. I am on stage two also...but I am not as hungry. I have cravings...but i realize they are JUST cravings..so I drink a few sips of water, and I am fine.  
TamaraL
on 9/16/11 9:56 pm
its hard during the liquid and puree stage to be hungry.  hang in there. remember the food is going straight into the stomach and out because there is no pylourus valve. 

as you progress and start eating solid foods it will get easier.

Tamara

Kathleen W.
on 9/16/11 10:40 pm - Lancaster, PA
The best thing that I can tell you is to listen to your body and the signals that it's giving you.  I had an rny 2 years ago and it does get better.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Ksan32
on 9/19/11 11:36 am - AZ
I was 8/2007 lap band and revised 8/2011 to RNY. It's been tough but I wish I had chose RNY first. I still throw up at least once a week. Ugh, I try and eat slow and chew forever but dang-it I still mess up sometimes. I have lost in one month what it took me in a year almost!! Glad to make the change and would do it again.

I hate protein shakes lol

I am currently at 130 lbs 10 pounds below goal weight!

Ramie A.
on 9/21/11 6:18 am - Bronx, New York, NY
I had band-to-RNY revision on 8/17/11.  At first I was confused because I thought I would HATE eating and drinking, but I didn't.  It all seemed to go down very well and I wanted more all the time.  I craved food and wanted to eat lots of it!

I had to be very careful not to eat too much at once in the first 3 weeks or so.  I didn't feel full until about a half hour later. If I did eat too much, then I became UNCOMFORTABLY full.  I am learning how much I can eat and not feel TOO full later.  With the band, I would eat a bunch, then throw it up, then eat a bunch more, without ever feeling that "full-in-the-belly" feeling.  It's so nice to feel full!  It seems like I never felt full when I had the band.

You might also be feeling a kind of hunger because your body is used to eating and now it's not. It's telling you that it's mad you are not eating enough!  The important thing right now is to keep your portion sizes correct and to drink enough.  Later you will feel REAL hunger and fullness and listen to your body.  Let me tell you it's easier to listen to your body with the RNY than it ever was with the band.

Good luck to you!

Ramie A.
Lapband Nov 2006; revision to RNY 8/17/2011
5'3", HW: 205 / Consult: 189  /  SW: 184  /  CW: 140  /  GW: 130

plp1988
on 9/23/11 11:11 am
I am 3 weeks post op, and yes it has gotten better. Thanks to everyone who offered suggestion/advice.
Most Active
Recent Topics