Need information on revision

LaToya S.
on 5/3/12 1:50 am - Edwardsville, IL
I am looking into a revision.
I currently have the vertical sleeve gastrectomy and am ready to go to the next step.

My current surgeon does not perform the next step so I will have to find a new one.

My question is: which one is really next? The Bypass or DS? I have read where either one have been done after the VSG and not sure if that is true. I cannot find concrete answers to help me decide which way to go. I have found a BOE Surgeon that does the revision of a VSG to RNY but was thinking that I HAD to switch to the DS.... I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

Sherri B.
on 5/3/12 8:36 am, edited 5/3/12 12:16 am
Some surgeons revise the sleeve to the RNY, but the sleeve is really the first part of the DS. The reason most surgeons revise to the RNY is because they don't do the DS. Only a handful of surgeons perform the DS.
I have checked around a little just in case I am not able to get the results I desire from the sleeve. Dr. Wagner told me going into the sleeve that I might only lose 100 pounds and at the time I was fine with that, but now I don't know if I would be or not. I should be if that is all I lose since I did this for medical reasons and the majority of my medical issues have already cleared up. Still though I would love to get back down to at least 180 pounds as I know how great I felt then and looked reasonable good.
But for the most part, I don't really think about a revision because I am still losing weight although it is definitely much slower than the first few months and I stall out way more often and the stalls are lasting longer and longer. But I am still losing and that is the key.
I am so sorry you are having these feelings right now, but I think you are probably just on a temporary stall and if you just keep on keeping on the stall will break. It may takes a couple weeks or even a month, but I am sure the scale will start moving again for you.
Hugs!

Most Active
Recent Topics